Asus p8p67 bios update issue

robinkhan07

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2011
i have got an issue and want hep
i updated bios of asus p8p67 by asus bios updater in ai suite
i download latest bios version frm asus site and then updated it frm the option of update from the file.
now when i flashed it successfully it resarted and gave me a msg that flash it again.
i repeated the process and now system is not booting up
ir restarts automatically in 10 seconds without anything on screen not even speaker beep. what might be the issue. board is in asus warranty. urgent reply

Why did the update fail in the first place?
1) Are you certain you specified the bios for your exact motherboard and revision?
2) It sometimes takes longer than you think. Be patient, wait to be certain the process is complete.

I think it is safer to update the bios using the EZ Flash utility.
Download the bios to a usb drive.

To recover from a failed flash, read you manual, the section on the crashfree bios 3 utility.

If you can't even get into the bios, try clearing the cmos to entirely reset to the default original bios.
Here's how: http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixtheproblem/tp/clearcmos.htm

robinkhan07

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2011
dont knw why it failed by it said to flash it again. and i have tried all. even changed the jumper and paced it back as given in manual. removed the battry and replaced it. even swapped the rams but nuthig happen. i even put driver cd in dvd rom bt it is restarting again and again. have been trying whole day

robinkhan07

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2011
yeah i was thinking same. but do they claim warranty on bios issues? some forums said it donot. they say we are not responsible for asus software. thats rubbish for them to say. i mean who the hell is then responsible. why do they claim that their settings are recoverable and failsafe. whats asus famous for?

yuszx

Honorable
Jun 22, 2012
have you manage to flash the lateat bios already?
and did you read the note in asus bios download site carefully?
you should flash the bios twice. pull off the plug from wall, remove bios battery for at least 1minute before putting it back. you can use bthe bios rest jumper but i recommend to remove battery method.