gba sp & ds...no wires

Anyone know if the GBA games that were muli-player via the "linking cable"
(Zelda 4 swords, etc) will also work on a couple of DS's wirelessly?

For that matter, could a GBA SP with the wireless adapter talk to the DS?
6 answers Last reply
More about wires

    "bb2004" <beebeFOUR@frontiernet.net> wrote in message
    > Anyone know if the GBA games that were muli-player via the "linking cable"
    > (Zelda 4 swords, etc) will also work on a couple of DS's wirelessly?
    >
    > For that matter, could a GBA SP with the wireless adapter talk to the DS?

    Short answer - No. You need to keep your SP for GBA multiplayer games. The
    wireless in the DS uses 802.11b and the SP wireless is something like blue
    tooth..

    so could a PDA with WiFi communicate with the DS?

    "Nevermind" <nevermind@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > so could a PDA with WiFi communicate with the DS?

    No.

    Deborah
    --
    Hamster Heaven - http://www.hamsterheaven.co.uk
    Sim Nation - http://s8.invisionfree.com/sims_2/

    >From what I understand, the DS can technically communicate with most
    "WiFi" devices (Wi-Fi 802.11)... but there isn't any software for the
    DS that takes advantage of that capability, yet.

    >From a Nintendo.com FAQ:
    "The system itself is not designed to go online. Developers may choose
    to use the wireless capabilities of the system to create software that
    permits internet connectivity, which would then allow a user to go
    online using the DS."
    That FAQ: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/ds/faq.jsp
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

    "Nevermind" <nevermind@hotmail.com>

    > so could a PDA with WiFi communicate with the DS?

    A PDA with 802.11b capability?

    Hardware wise, absolutetly -- they could talk to one another.

    Software wise, unfortunetly there is no such software to take that type of
    advantage of the DS's 802.11b (yet).

    (I have a DS and I'm wanting a web browser and email client for the DS!
    Such applications would be a natural fit for it. I'd even prefer to use the
    DS for web/email over using my PDA's as the two LCD's could be put to very
    good use. Got 802.11 at home and at work.)
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

    Eric <none@nospam.not> wrote:

    > (I have a DS and I'm wanting a web browser and email client for the DS!
    > Such applications would be a natural fit for it. I'd even prefer to use the
    > DS for web/email over using my PDA's as the two LCD's could be put to very
    > good use. Got 802.11 at home and at work.)

    Now, *that* would sell me on the touch-screen concept.

    I got a DS as an early Christmas present, and so far have ignored the
    touch screen entirely, preferring instead to use the DS as an enhanced
    GBA...

Console Gaming Games Wireless Adapter Nintendo Video Games