Is the ASRock H77 Pro4-M fairly well regarded?

Phog

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2010
I'm finally making the switch from AMD to Intel after quite a few years. The biggest hurdle is getting used to Intel nomenclature.

Anyway, I'm building a new PC for my son using an I5-3550. He doesn't want to, or care to, overclock so I'm guessing the H series would be the one to get. He also has no interest in running more than one video card.

It seems ASRock is making a push to become a major player in the board biz, rather than simply an also-ran. I like the features on the ASRock H77 Pro4-M board as I see them on newegg. Is this a pretty well-regarded board? None of the H77 boards seem to have been reviewed yet, as far as I can tell. It's all about the Z boards. Is there a similar board I ought to be looking at instead?

Thanks in advance.

andrew88

Honorable
Jun 24, 2012
i have this motherboard. im having a lot of trouble with it. i get no post for my new build. cpu heat sink fan works, my computer case tower fans work, but i get no post.

ceh4702

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2011

Try resetting the BIOS. Grounding is also often the cause of issues when there is no response. Could also be a RAM issue. Check to see if the 2nd power plug is plugged in.