Cappe

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2011
First of alla, Im new here and apologize if I poster wrong.

My system specs:
MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte 990-FXA UD3
PSU: Corsair tx 650w
CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 425 2,7GHz
GPU: ASUS Radeon 6870 HD
CHASSI: Cooler master elitr 430
SSD: Crucial M4 64 gb 2,5 SSD
HDD: western blue
RAM: Corsair xms3 1600MHZ
CPU COOLER: Cooler master hyper 212 plus with à gentle typhon 1450rpm
CHAASI FANA: 4 Of them the one that comes with the chassi in the front, two other blue LED fans, and the original hyp 212 fan

Now i mounted the mobo ram and
CPU Cooler and ssd everythig went fine except for today i was installin trying to unlock a core and OC then CPU and restarted lots of times. One time when i restarted uppdate 39/43 i thinl started to install i don't know why. Ok i was going to let it install but When i was waiting i turned om the
Lamp in my room with 4 differents lamps on it two of them Said boom and the power was off in my room and the room NeXT
Doors but not in the rest of the house. Got the power back on and started the PC it started but my screen keyboard and mouse didnt started. My screen just went in to power saving mode. After that i had to PRESS THE BUTTON on the chassi to turn the PC off. Then i started it again, i pressed to go in to bios om
Screen but instead Windows started and everything lookee fine until i tryied to re boot the PC then the same thing happened no keyboard no mouse no screen. Had to Holstein the BUTTON AGAIN. After that i started the PC again and
For a short time i saw pictures then it went off again. It stood like uppdating. I waited à long time didnt worked pressed
BUTTON AGAIN on chassi. Started PC everyting lookee normal this time i completely shuted Downs the PC in Windows and tryied to start again normal but didnt worked got the same thing
As ive Said before. Now It lookee like it was working last time i tryied again. I could turn on and off without problems. I Will see tomorrow. Now
to the big thing, could any of my compoments take damage from shutting down and restarting on the CHASSI button doing it
Like 5-8 Times'? Have My SSD been damaged? I got
Windows on that and the power shuted of as i Said before When i was installing updates, have something been ccorrupted? So to make it
Small have i lost any performance from My system When this things happened and has anything been damaged?

Sorry for bad language im on a iphone.

Your post suggests that your PSU could have suffered some damage with the power surge. As for the repeated restarts, that would be the result of a failed OC.
You should know that not all X2's and X3's can be "unlocked" to X4's. Some of the CPUs with disabled cores have the cores disabled because they're not stable when enabled.

popatim

Titan
Yes, reset the bios to factory defaults and see if that resolves the boot issues.

yes some of your data could have been corrupted, you were in the middle of installing an update so the SSD was not idle... At worst you reinstall windows again which isn't a bad idea given your situation.

Now what was on in the other room that you blew the fuse or tripped the breaker?

Cappe

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2011
Im in the PC now after restarting through button. Im starting to get really mad now, I can't reboot to get in to bios i think and dont dare to.

Cappe

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2011

WHAT THE...i cant TURN OFF THE PC on the button now it just restarts?! If i TURN it off on the PSU it Will shut down but When i start the power on the PSU it starts to boot WHAT THE is happenening? Really frustrated...

Just Switch it off from the mains, clear the CMOS, remove the battery on the Mobo.
Wait a few minutes, put the battery back in, and then try starting the rig. Get into the BIOS after that, don't change any new things other then the date , time and boot order. Leave the rest at defaults and continue into boot.
See if the system finished the unfinished work first in safe mode and then in normal startup.
Keep the OS disc close by if it needs to replace files that were corrupted during the abrupt Updating process.

Cappe

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2011
What do you mean switch of from mains? How do i clearing CMOS? Remove battery? What boot order should i have? And When should i go in to sade mode and not sure how?

Mains means just unplug the computers PSU. The power cord that connects the computer to the power outlet in the wall.

Clear CMOS- By either shorting the jumpers designated on the Mobo , if there are any on that mobo, or a clear CMOS button might be there on it. Keep that pressed.
OK, there is a 2 Pin jumper at the right hand base of your board that says "CLR_CMOS" you need to short it for a few seconds using a screw driver, that will clear the CMOS, besure that the PC is not connected to the mains and is not on when you do this.

There is a Button Cell on the Mobo, you need to get that out. It is situated on the right hand side of the board under the RAM Slots.

Boot order should be your OS disc first if you want to check for problems.
After you get into the BIOS and restart after setting the date and time and boot order, the rest to default. Then you need to get into safe mode, that's the first time after a BIOS reset, let the system try to get on and wait for a few minutes after it gets into safe mode and finishes all the background processes. Then reboot into normal mode.

After the BIOS continues into boot you need to continuously keep pressing F8 to get the windows boot menu and select SAFE MODE from it.

Cappe

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2011
So remove motherboard battery that look like à coin, then clear cmos on the jumper with the battery out, replace battery after some minutes boot in to sade
Mode Wait for some time and re boot in to normal
Mode?

Yes it looks like a coin.
No, first short the Jumpers with the battery in.
Then remove the battery and wait a few seconds and put it back in.
Yup then boot into safe mode let it settle down and then reboot into normal mode.

Cappe

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2011
Ok thanks. Do you think ive got any performance lose to My
System? Have My ssd been damaged
And slower or my motherboard?

Only after you manage to complete the above steps will we be able to tell you if anything is damaged or not.
We'll help you run a few benchmarks and that'll tell us if the power surge caused any real physical damage.
First thing is you need to get that rig to perform at it's default right. then the next steps.

Cappe

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2011
Ok thanks i will try When im home. But why did My PC restart When i turned on the power on the PSU and i couldnt shut it down on the button it just shuted off for 1-2 seconds and then started again why?

Could be the temps soared to high, could be a lesser voltage was supplied to the Mobo, there could be a quite a few reasons to it, depending on how the system reacted to the power surge.
Not shutting down when you press the power button is pretty common, since the BIOS does have a setting in it that tells the action which is taken when the power button is pressed. It usually has 2 mode
One is instant power off
and the other is it'll power off after 4 Seconds

There are different ways to use the power button too, you can press it once, and the system when on will go off after a normal shutdown. And you can keep it pressed continuously so the system just cuts power, no normal shutdown process is followed.
Since the BIOS is all mixed up now after the power surge, you need to get it back in order.:)

Cappe

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2011
Ok Will remove power cable reset cmos remove battery some minutes start PC boot in to safe mode. But the thing is there is no
More updates to install since ive already manager to boot the PC sometimes i got lucky after pressing button and screen keyboard and mouse worked. But ok i Will still do it then i come back here and maybe you could tell me some benchmarks so i can see if anything is damaged then. If it still wont worl what to do then?

Cappe

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2011
Ok thanks. Im just so worried ive damaged somwthing just got new stuff....Also i got à phenom II 955 is it worth to use or Wait for bulldozer? Otherwise i will send it back and get money back.

Cappe

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2011
The athlon is from My old hp PC so cant send it back. Got two choices use the phenom or send it back and buy bulldozer on launch.

Cappe

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2011
I will be playing games primary. Maybe i should send it back and buy
À 1055t and overclock it since BF3 Wille be using more than 4 cores?

Cappe

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2011
6core and 1055t or 955 for games? Ive heats tjat future games will use more than 4 cores like BF3 or just Wait for bulldozer?