Sign in with
Your question

My case has brackets that hold PSU in

Last response: in Components
September 27, 2011 10:43:06 PM

Hi, today I finally opened up my computer and found that the PSU had some extra support in addition the the screws in the back. There are 2 bracket things that seem to be permanent on the case and one side has 2 half dome shaped things that I can press to release the PSU. I measured the PSU with a ruler and here are the dimensions: 5.6inches, 5.7 inches, and 3.5 inches. I am not sure which is the width, height or length. If someone could put a diagram I would be happy to tell you the lengths. Now the PSU I want to get is http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
and its dimensions are 5.9"(W) x 3.4"(H) x 6.3"(L). That is slightly bigger than my current PSU and my current PSU seems to fit tightly with the brackets on the case. Would there be a way to install a bigger PSU?

More about : case brackets hold psu

a b ) Power supply
September 27, 2011 11:18:05 PM

what is the orgional computer? Dell? HP?

please post the model.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
September 27, 2011 11:18:11 PM

As a rule of thumb, the length of any object is the longest measurement. Height would be considerably more obvious, just measure top to bottom. As far as fitting a new PSU in, you could either find a way to remove the unnecessary bracketry, or simply get a new case.
m
l
September 27, 2011 11:47:26 PM

I have a Dell Studio Xps 8000. I believe the dimensions are this: 5.7 inches (W), 5.6 inches(L), and 3.4 inches (H).
m
l
!