Final Fantasy: Dawn of souls : your opinions

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 07:41:46 -0500, "Jason" <bluebook@sympatico.ca>
wrote:

>Hi there! was wondering what you people think of the game (for those who've
>picked up?)....

Overall its a decent game, but I dislike some of the changes they made
to Final Fantasy 1 (I really can't comment on #2, since I never played
the original.) The big change that I dislike is the change to the
magic system. Originally, each 'level' of spell had its own limit to
how many times you could cast it (so you may be able to cast any level
1 spell 5 times, any level 2 spell 3 times, and any level 3 spell 1
time. Obviously, those numbers went up as you leveled up.) They
changed that to the normal system of spellpoints. Its not that I
dislike the new system - its just that the old system was a good chunk
of what made FF1 unique.

They also made the NPCs a bit too chatty. I guess it was mostly a
nostalgia thing, but I liked the NPCs who had really short lines
because of cart memory limitations on the NES. I really haven't
gotten very far in the game yet, but I wish they would have left more
things alone.

yummy

"Jason" <bluebook@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> Hi there! was wondering what you people think of the game (for those
> who've picked up?)....
>
> Jay

TRENDING THREADS