Solved

Psu upgrade for HP

Hi,
I have a HP model h8-1010t desktop that comes with 300w power supply, I want to upgrade the psu and hp offers none. its got a pegatron 2ab5 MoBo I'd like to put in at least 400w but dont want to do any damage I can find no specs on web about MoBo anyone have an ideas? I want to upgrade sound card and I usually have a few usb's running. hence the reason for upgrade.
Thanks for your time.
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about upgrade
  1. It's a standard ATX case with standard atx PSU.

here's two lovely budget and good quality units i always use and recommend to people who are replacing their dell/hp/etc PSU's.

Antec EA380D
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371033&Tpk=ea380d

Corsair CX430V2
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139026&Tpk=cx430v2
  2. lilronj said:
    Hi,
    I have a HP model h8-1010t desktop that comes with 300w power supply, I want to upgrade the psu and hp offers none. its got a pegatron 2ab5 MoBo I'd like to put in at least 400w but dont want to do any damage I can find no specs on web about MoBo anyone have an ideas? I want to upgrade sound card and I usually have a few usb's running. hence the reason for upgrade.
    Thanks for your time.

WoW thanks for the fast answer I appreciate it it.. bear with me please because I'm still learning but in haste I bought an Ultra Ls400 and the cableing isn't the same as whats in the machine how do I verify that type of thing, is there a universal standard for lengths and types of connections or do I verify before ordering.. I apologize if that doesnt make much sense but I'm not sure how else to phrase
  3. lilotimz said:
    It's a standard ATX case with standard atx PSU.

here's two lovely budget and good quality units i always use and recommend to people who are replacing their dell/hp/etc PSU's.

Antec EA380D
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371033&Tpk=ea380d

Corsair CX430V2
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139026&Tpk=cx430v2

wow you can tell I'm new .. sorry replied incorrectly.

WoW thanks for the fast answer I appreciate it it.. bear with me please because I'm still learning but in haste I bought an Ultra Ls400 and the cableing isn't the same as whats in the machine how do I verify that type of thing, is there a universal standard for lengths and types of connections or do I verify before ordering.. I apologize if that doesnt make much sense but I'm not sure how else to phrase

4. Best answer
    Ultra LS is not a quality unit so return it to where you got it from.

Typically with modern psu's, they'll usually have a 20+4pin motherboard connector, 2 4 pin eps12v motherboard connectors, 1 or more 6 pin (or 6+2 / 8 pin) pci-e connectors for graphic cards, and a mix of sata/molex connectors for fans/harddrives etc.

Also considering PSU's is that you get what you paid for. You pay for cheap stuff, you get cheap stuff. But theres a big factor in the fact that cheap PSU's tend to blow up and KILL your computer so theres a reason we always recommend quality PSU's from reputable companies tested by reputable individuals.

I always recommend Seasonic, XFX, Antec, and Corsair because they're consistently producing/selling quality power supplies that is well tested, high quality, and is reputable. Never skimp on the PSU.
  5. lilotimz said:
    Ultra LS is not a quality unit so return it to where you got it from.

Typically with modern psu's, they'll usually have a 20+4pin motherboard connector, 2 4 pin eps12v motherboard connectors, 1 or more 6 pin (or 6+2 / 8 pin) pci-e connectors for graphic cards, and a mix of sata/molex connectors for fans/harddrives etc.

Also considering PSU's is that you get what you paid for. You pay for cheap stuff, you get cheap stuff. But theres a big factor in the fact that cheap PSU's tend to blow up and KILL your computer so theres a reason we always recommend quality PSU's from reputable companies tested by reputable individuals.

I always recommend Seasonic, XFX, Antec, and Corsair because they're consistently producing/selling quality power supplies that is well tested, high quality, and is reputable. Never skimp on the PSU.

Thank you very much and i'll go with what you've advised.
  6. Best answer selected by lilronj.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Desktops Hewlett Packard Components Product