Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Psu upgrade for HP

Last response: in Components
September 28, 2011 2:42:06 AM

Hi,
I have a HP model h8-1010t desktop that comes with 300w power supply, I want to upgrade the psu and hp offers none. its got a pegatron 2ab5 MoBo I'd like to put in at least 400w but dont want to do any damage I can find no specs on web about MoBo anyone have an ideas? I want to upgrade sound card and I usually have a few usb's running. hence the reason for upgrade.
Thanks for your time.

More about : psu upgrade

September 28, 2011 2:58:27 AM

lilronj said:
Hi,
I have a HP model h8-1010t desktop that comes with 300w power supply, I want to upgrade the psu and hp offers none. its got a pegatron 2ab5 MoBo I'd like to put in at least 400w but dont want to do any damage I can find no specs on web about MoBo anyone have an ideas? I want to upgrade sound card and I usually have a few usb's running. hence the reason for upgrade.
Thanks for your time.

WoW thanks for the fast answer I appreciate it it.. bear with me please because I'm still learning but in haste I bought an Ultra Ls400 and the cableing isn't the same as whats in the machine how do I verify that type of thing, is there a universal standard for lengths and types of connections or do I verify before ordering.. I apologize if that doesnt make much sense but I'm not sure how else to phrase
m
l
Related resources
September 28, 2011 3:00:35 AM

lilotimz said:
It's a standard ATX case with standard atx PSU.

here's two lovely budget and good quality units i always use and recommend to people who are replacing their dell/hp/etc PSU's.

Antec EA380D
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Corsair CX430V2
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

wow you can tell I'm new .. sorry replied incorrectly.

WoW thanks for the fast answer I appreciate it it.. bear with me please because I'm still learning but in haste I bought an Ultra Ls400 and the cableing isn't the same as whats in the machine how do I verify that type of thing, is there a universal standard for lengths and types of connections or do I verify before ordering.. I apologize if that doesnt make much sense but I'm not sure how else to phrase

m
l

Best solution

a b ) Power supply
September 28, 2011 3:19:30 AM

Ultra LS is not a quality unit so return it to where you got it from.

Typically with modern psu's, they'll usually have a 20+4pin motherboard connector, 2 4 pin eps12v motherboard connectors, 1 or more 6 pin (or 6+2 / 8 pin) pci-e connectors for graphic cards, and a mix of sata/molex connectors for fans/harddrives etc.

Also considering PSU's is that you get what you paid for. You pay for cheap stuff, you get cheap stuff. But theres a big factor in the fact that cheap PSU's tend to blow up and KILL your computer so theres a reason we always recommend quality PSU's from reputable companies tested by reputable individuals.

I always recommend Seasonic, XFX, Antec, and Corsair because they're consistently producing/selling quality power supplies that is well tested, high quality, and is reputable. Never skimp on the PSU.
September 28, 2011 3:44:47 AM

lilotimz said:
Ultra LS is not a quality unit so return it to where you got it from.

Typically with modern psu's, they'll usually have a 20+4pin motherboard connector, 2 4 pin eps12v motherboard connectors, 1 or more 6 pin (or 6+2 / 8 pin) pci-e connectors for graphic cards, and a mix of sata/molex connectors for fans/harddrives etc.

Also considering PSU's is that you get what you paid for. You pay for cheap stuff, you get cheap stuff. But theres a big factor in the fact that cheap PSU's tend to blow up and KILL your computer so theres a reason we always recommend quality PSU's from reputable companies tested by reputable individuals.

I always recommend Seasonic, XFX, Antec, and Corsair because they're consistently producing/selling quality power supplies that is well tested, high quality, and is reputable. Never skimp on the PSU.

Thank you very much and i'll go with what you've advised.
m
l
September 28, 2011 3:44:57 AM

Best answer selected by lilronj.
m
l
!