Sign in with
Your question
Solved

What i need is kick!!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 19, 2011 7:51:08 AM

hey there guys i need to know whats the best graphics card i can get for my t1842 emachines pci slot i got a geforce fx 550 but i feel i need something with more bang for my buck any one have anysuggestions i got a 1.80ghz intel celeron processor but i want to have a great graphics card to handle my gameing and multimedia please get back to me asp on this

More about : kick

a b U Graphics card
April 19, 2011 7:56:04 AM

1.8GHz Celeron=gaming badness, no matter what graphics card you have.
m
l

Best solution

a c 376 U Graphics card
April 19, 2011 8:55:12 AM

Yeah, no video card is going to make your machine "great" or even what I would call "ok" for gaming on that CPU. You can do better than the FX 5500 but you should really just save up to replace your motherboard/cpu/ram before considering a card. It doesn't have to be very expensive.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Ite...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
The processor is actually a quad core with two cores locked. There's an over 80% chance you can unlock them in the motherboard's BIOS and it will work fine.
Related resources
a c 173 U Graphics card
April 19, 2011 12:01:15 PM

+1 to that. upgrade the cpu to a faster core2 duo if you cant afford to get new motherboard and everything.

edit: lol, woah a minute there...fx 550 lol. i was thinking gts550. HAHAHah. Go get a whole new computer, upgrades are out of the question. Even new onboard video will be much better than a fx 550
m
l
a c 376 U Graphics card
April 19, 2011 12:07:12 PM

I really doubt he can use a core 2 duo on his current motherboard. That is a Pentium 4 era Celeron.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
April 19, 2011 12:46:15 PM

Agreed. Building a new system would be faster and cheaper than trying to upgrade.
m
l
May 6, 2011 5:56:09 AM

Best answer selected by okcorelbuster45.
m
l
May 6, 2011 6:02:37 AM

thanks guys for your help, but the deal with the mother board is of.f i was away on a trip, any suggestions on a new motherboard build that can handle 3 to 4 ghz system and a ass kicking. ati or nvidia card for my system..something that wouldn't sound like world war 2 or look like it if i over amp it and blow my self up your input and suggestions will be much appretiated at this point. im a hardcore gamer..but i have a small busniess on the side...but i still sneak some popcorn in on breaks/movies
m
l
a b U Graphics card
May 6, 2011 7:28:16 AM

You just selected a best answer, so likely the thread will be closed soon. I suggest you start a new one, list you budget, game/apps you would like to run on the new system, and what resolution/settings you want to play at.
m
l
!