Solved

What i need is kick!!

hey there guys i need to know whats the best graphics card i can get for my t1842 emachines pci slot i got a geforce fx 550 but i feel i need something with more bang for my buck any one have anysuggestions i got a 1.80ghz intel celeron processor but i want to have a great graphics card to handle my gameing and multimedia please get back to me asp on this
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about what kick
  1. 1.8GHz Celeron=gaming badness, no matter what graphics card you have.
  2. Best answer
    Yeah, no video card is going to make your machine "great" or even what I would call "ok" for gaming on that CPU. You can do better than the FX 5500 but you should really just save up to replace your motherboard/cpu/ram before considering a card. It doesn't have to be very expensive.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.625059
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231395
    The processor is actually a quad core with two cores locked. There's an over 80% chance you can unlock them in the motherboard's BIOS and it will work fine.
  3. +1 to that. upgrade the cpu to a faster core2 duo if you cant afford to get new motherboard and everything.

edit: lol, woah a minute there...fx 550 lol. i was thinking gts550. HAHAHah. Go get a whole new computer, upgrades are out of the question. Even new onboard video will be much better than a fx 550
  4. I really doubt he can use a core 2 duo on his current motherboard. That is a Pentium 4 era Celeron.
  5. Agreed. Building a new system would be faster and cheaper than trying to upgrade.
  6. Best answer selected by okcorelbuster45.
  7. thanks guys for your help, but the deal with the mother board is of.f i was away on a trip, any suggestions on a new motherboard build that can handle 3 to 4 ghz system and a ass kicking. ati or nvidia card for my system..something that wouldn't sound like world war 2 or look like it if i over amp it and blow my self up your input and suggestions will be much appretiated at this point. im a hardcore gamer..but i have a small busniess on the side...but i still sneak some popcorn in on breaks/movies
  8. You just selected a best answer, so likely the thread will be closed soon. I suggest you start a new one, list you budget, game/apps you would like to run on the new system, and what resolution/settings you want to play at.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics Product