Memory compatability

Status
Not open for further replies.

extremefreak17

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012
hello,

I currently have a 4x4gb Corsair Vengeance LP (1600mhz CS9) installed on my ASUS p9x79 deluxe. I was wondering if the ram i have would be compatable with the regular height 4x4 corsair vengeance. i would have to keep the LP on the inner two slots becasue of my cooler height but i really like the heat spreaders on the full size version.

Solution
From the Corsair site, FAQ page-

Each kit of Corsair Memory is tested to run at its advertised settings in the configuration in which they are sold. If you purchase a 4GB kit (2x2GB), then we can only guarantee its performance and compatibility when using it as a single kit. To ensure the best results with more than two memory modules installed in the same system, it is best to get a kit which has been tested to run in that configuration.

While it is defintiely possible that two kits would run together in the same system, there is a chance that you may need to reduce the speed of the memory due to motherboard chipset limitations when populating more than one memory module per channel on the board. If you have problems mixing sets...

JohnyGt

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2011
From the Corsair site, FAQ page-

Each kit of Corsair Memory is tested to run at its advertised settings in the configuration in which they are sold. If you purchase a 4GB kit (2x2GB), then we can only guarantee its performance and compatibility when using it as a single kit. To ensure the best results with more than two memory modules installed in the same system, it is best to get a kit which has been tested to run in that configuration.

While it is defintiely possible that two kits would run together in the same system, there is a chance that you may need to reduce the speed of the memory due to motherboard chipset limitations when populating more than one memory module per channel on the board. If you have problems mixing sets, it is suggested to manually lower the frequency of the memory.-

Otherwise, similar, so it seems, though the LP will probably not dissipate heat at the same rate, so use it's upper limits as your guide.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.