New Ram not working

I have a Compaq sr5310f with a ASUS IPILP-LC (Lancaster8) mobo, and a e4400 C2D processor that I recently upgraded to. I recently decided to upgrade my ram from 2x512mb Micron mt8htf6464ay-6678b DDR2 PC2-5300 unbuffered to Samsung 2x1gb M378T2953CZ3-CE6 ddr2 pc2-5300 unbuffered. When I took out the 2x512mb ram cards and installed the new Samsung ones, my computer wouldn't boot. My monitor would just say no signal and never reach the bios screen. Then I put the old ram back in to see if that would work and it did. The I took one old Micron one out and put one new Samsung one in and I had 1 of each type in my computer. I turned it on and it booted perfectly fine and told me I have 1.5 gbs of ram. Then I put both 1 gb ram sticks in again to see if it would work and it didn't. Can anyone tell me why both 1 gb sticks don't work together but work seperately with the 512mb ones? (I only have 2 slots)
1 answer Last reply
More about working
  1. Reset the CMOS memory the right way as is described in the motherboard manual using the clear CMOS link with the power cord unplugged.
    How To Clear CMOS @ http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixtheproblem/tp/clearcmos.htm
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory RAM Samsung