Sign in with
Your question

I've done everything told/read to do and nothing is working please hel

Last response: in CPUs
September 28, 2011 8:12:57 AM

My computer without fail every time it is booted will at some point begin to be unable to handle any task I give. The computer will sit on a task and essentially get back up with commands as it either
A. Seemingly does nothing but stare at me with the processing bar
B. Complete tasks but at a crawling rate ( minutes to do anything ) sometimes it finishes a task and then will quickly do everything else as if a blockage was removed yet but it will quickly go back to processing jack and ***
There isn't a real set time for when this begins to happen, as of late I cannot be on it for more than an hour and half before it starts acting up (shorter if I am gaming)

The kicker is if I wind up manually restarting or powering off the computer will not boot unless it runs the windows start up repair, every time without fail

The computer has a Core I7920 processor, 3 2g ddr ram sticks, a geforce gtx580 card, running windows 7 ultimate, and an 850w power supply.

Here is what i have done so far to try and figure this *** out -Have all available drivers -Got Hirens boot cd and ran multiple tests, scans (HDD, antivirus, memory scans) -Did a separate windows scan on the memory - Got defraggler and degragged -Got CC cleaner and cleared out the registry -Had temps going during lock ups nothing was even remotely hot according to them - The computer was recently completely wiped so the only things on it currently are the above programs/drivers, steam, dead island, and skype

More about : told read working hel

September 28, 2011 9:18:24 AM

Cooling issue, CPU or PSU. Check/clean those fans for free rotation and clean their connections. If a fan appears slow, replace it.
H/.
m
l
a c 79 à CPUs
September 28, 2011 9:24:25 AM

whats it like with only 1 stick of RAM? try all three sticks. try changing SATA cable, check smart on the HDD, speedfan is not bad for that.
m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
September 28, 2011 9:35:56 AM

What psu are you using?
m
l
a b à CPUs
September 28, 2011 9:36:51 AM

doctorender said:

The kicker is if I wind up manually restarting or powering off the computer will not boot unless it runs the windows start up repair, every time without fail

The computer was recently completely wiped so the only things on it currently are the above programs/drivers, steam, dead island, and skype

So when you say wiped, you mean reformatted and win 7 installed fresh?

Constant OS corruption, which is probably causing your slow downs also, could be a virus, bad HDD cable, bad HDD or controller. RAM, or even the PSU or a short somewhere.
m
l
!