Looking for a new [cheap] card !

kennysp

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011
Hi there,

Sadly my old Geforce MSI NX8600GT has reached it's end, and now i'm looking to buy a new one, but i'm not really updated with all the new technologies and stuff, so i need your help with this!

I don't have a lot of money to spend, my budget for the card is around $80-100 and i really don't want to spend more than that if it's possible.

My actual hard is the following:
Mother: Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L
Micro: Core 2 Duo E4500 2200MHz
Ram: 2gb DDR2-800
Monitor: Dell ST2410 Full HD 1920x1080
PSU: Powercooler 500w

Keep in mind i don't want to update any other part of the hard [for now] and i'm not going to perform any overlocking [i'm really afraid of that ahah :??: ]

So based on this configuration and the low amount of money i want to spend, what is the best option to go for?
Is the psu enough to support all the things?

Thanks for your time.

Track

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2006
That's easy.

Get a GTX 460. I've seen them as low as 115$ AR at Newegg.

It would be about.. 10 times more powerful than your old card, and the best value at this time.

Obviously, your CPU will hold this back unless you overclock it - which would be awesome!

And your PSU seems to be up to the task, if I'm getting the model number correct.

Oh, and I'd get another 2GB of RAM.

kennysp

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011
The problem is that i live in Argentina, and the prices are A BIT higher..
For example, the card you say it's about $270 !!

I better make the price lower on my first post :p

Also keep in mind that for now i'm not updating any other part of the computer, so i need a card that goes accord with my actual hard.

kennysp

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011
I wish, but things work wrong here, and buying something from another country may bring some issues [like the product never arriving because someone stole it at customs] [really, it sucks].

Track

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2006
You serious?

You could use UPS or FedEx, then. It would still cost WAYY less.

For instance, you could get a GTX 280 off eBay for around 50$. That's about as good as the GTX 460 I told you about earlier.

Yes, they are good as long as you can find them in your country for a price that fits in your budget. The HD 5670 is a good budget card that is still a bit more powerful than your old card.

TRENDING THREADS