Sign in with
Your question

DVD ROM not working

Last response: in Components
September 28, 2011 10:56:37 AM

Hi there..

I have a Dell XPS L401X and I've just recently re-installed it with a Windows 7 Home Basic x64 from a Windows 7 Ultimate x86 because I can't find the drivers for it(the Windows 7 Ultimate x86) and I've check at the suport.dell.com, the only drivers that can be found for this model were Windows 7 x64(http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.a...) so I assume that it was originally made only for Windows 7 x64 so that is why I re-installed the Windows 7 x64 but because of that my DVD ROM IS NOT WORKING.

Please don't get me wrong but the DVD ROM is actually detected by the Windows also by the BIOS but it won't read/write any DVD/CD and I also can't boot a Windows disk..I find it very hard because I've just finished formatting it just now and now the DVD ROM won't do anything.

I've done the delete lower and upper filters thinggy at regedit, uninstall the DVD ROM driver and restart but still won't work..If I put a DVD/CD into the DVD ROM, there's the light blinking but for just a few seconds but that's just it, the DVD ROM seems not to be reading it and I notice it from the no-sound-of-reading(I don't know the part of the DVD ROM that has this laser thing that always moves to read the media inserted) so is there anything that I should do? I really need help.. Is this a hardware failure or is this a software problem, which one?

More about : dvd rom working

a b $ Windows 7
September 28, 2011 2:13:09 PM

If you think you don't have the right driver, did you try updating the driver from Device Manager. Windows might find the right driver for Drive.
m
l
!