Sign in with
Your question

Which motherboard?

Last response: in Motherboards
June 20, 2012 11:35:13 AM

Hi i am about to order my components but i ran across the Gigabyte Intel Z77 GA-Z77X-UD5H which seems to exceed my original thought of the ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3 i want to know which would be better... i see that the gigabyte has 10 usb 3.0 ports and 6 usb 2.0m ports and it has a z77 chipset which is better than the ASUS with the z68 chipset.

Is there something that the gigabyte lacks in but the intel exceeds in?

also the RAM is 1600mhz but the gigabyte board has the compatability of 2400mhz...

Does that mean the gigabyte works with RAM up to speeds of 2400mhz or only 2400mhz RAM?

which would you recommend?

Thanks.
Tim

More about : motherboard

a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
June 20, 2012 12:04:49 PM

The Gigabyte can support up to 2400MHz memory if the memory can do it. It doesn't only support 2400MHz memory.

Unless you will do something that can benefit from PCIe 3.0 (IE CF/SLI with very high end Kepler or GCN graphics cards or something like multi-thousand dollar PCIe 3.0 SSDs or RAID controllers), then it doesn't matter. Unless you are really going to use many USB 3.0 devices, the extra USB 3.0 ports aren't very important.

Z77 versus Z68 isn't much of a difference. It doesn't make a performance difference. Unless you will use the features of the more expensive board, you might as well jsut get the cheaper board and save some money. If you have an Ivy Bridge CPU, then a Z77 board might be a slightly better way to go than a Z68, but still, probably not much of a difference.
m
l
June 20, 2012 1:15:07 PM

blazorthon said:
The Gigabyte can support up to 2400MHz memory if the memory can do it. It doesn't only support 2400MHz memory.

Unless you will do something that can benefit from PCIe 3.0 (IE CF/SLI with very high end Kepler or GCN graphics cards or something like multi-thousand dollar PCIe 3.0 SSDs or RAID controllers), then it doesn't matter. Unless you are really going to use many USB 3.0 devices, the extra USB 3.0 ports aren't very important.

Z77 versus Z68 isn't much of a difference. It doesn't make a performance difference. Unless you will use the features of the more expensive board, you might as well jsut get the cheaper board and save some money. If you have an Ivy Bridge CPU, then a Z77 board might be a slightly better way to go than a Z68, but still, probably not much of a difference.

Thanks for the reply... but do you know what dual LAN is?
m
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
June 20, 2012 3:04:16 PM

jebbo said:
Thanks for the reply... but do you know what dual LAN is?

That just means that it has two Ethernet ports. Unless you will use two Ethernet ports, then it doesn't matter much either.
m
l
!