Need alot of help with GPU

I really need to know what i need before i refund/sendback/buy everything

So i have a gtx250

And it says it's supposed to have a 6pin connector but here is a picture of the connector

Also here are a couple pictures of my mobo and the two molex cables that are the only type of pins ect i have

The person i brought the PC from must have taken the 6 pin connectors because i only have 2 molex

So.. what do i need to power the card? i cant buy a new PSU right now but there must be some kind of molex to 6/8 pins

Anyone know what i am on about lol?
4 answers Last reply
More about need alot
  1. The GFX card connects to the PSU not to the MoBo.

You're looking for a 8 pin or 6+2 pin PCI-E connector from the PSU as shown here:

If this is a storebought Dell, HP kinda thing, my guess would be that it doesn't have the connectors or the power to power the card. I would not recommend using Molex x PCI-E adapters.
  2. you can to best buy and pickup a 4 pin molex to 6+2pci express that should solve your problem. also, don't plug into your mobo. From psu to card.
  3. Yup, you're going to have to use an adapter. If you get a 2 molex to 6 pin adapter instead of a 6+2 pin then you might have to short the last two pins, so make sure to get thr right connector. Of course, if the GTS 250 has an 8-pin connector it's either an older version that sucks up more power or an overclocking version. Either way there's a good chance that CPU cannot handle it. If the PSU is really cheap you will hear a popping sound and see some smoke when you actually try to play any kind of demanding game.
  4. Thanks for your reply guys, ive dicided to leave it and try to send it back and get a refund, if i dont then oh well but im going to save for a ATI 5700 or a ATI 5570, hopfully i dont mess that up either :D
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards GPUs Graphics