Sign in with
Your question

Need alot of help with GPU

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 19, 2011 8:01:09 PM

I really need to know what i need before i refund/sendback/buy everything

So i have a gtx250

And it says it's supposed to have a 6pin connector but here is a picture of the connector

Also here are a couple pictures of my mobo and the two molex cables that are the only type of pins ect i have

The person i brought the PC from must have taken the 6 pin connectors because i only have 2 molex

So.. what do i need to power the card? i cant buy a new PSU right now but there must be some kind of molex to 6/8 pins

Anyone know what i am on about lol?

More about : alot gpu

a c 227 U Graphics card
April 19, 2011 8:43:10 PM

The GFX card connects to the PSU not to the MoBo.

You're looking for a 8 pin or 6+2 pin PCI-E connector from the PSU as shown here:

http://www.antec.com/Believe_it/connectors.php?ProdID=2...

If this is a storebought Dell, HP kinda thing, my guess would be that it doesn't have the connectors or the power to power the card. I would not recommend using Molex x PCI-E adapters.
a b U Graphics card
April 19, 2011 8:49:55 PM

you can to best buy and pickup a 4 pin molex to 6+2pci express that should solve your problem. also, don't plug into your mobo. From psu to card.
Related resources
a c 106 U Graphics card
April 19, 2011 9:20:46 PM

Yup, you're going to have to use an adapter. If you get a 2 molex to 6 pin adapter instead of a 6+2 pin then you might have to short the last two pins, so make sure to get thr right connector. Of course, if the GTS 250 has an 8-pin connector it's either an older version that sucks up more power or an overclocking version. Either way there's a good chance that CPU cannot handle it. If the PSU is really cheap you will hear a popping sound and see some smoke when you actually try to play any kind of demanding game.
April 19, 2011 9:25:47 PM

Thanks for your reply guys, ive dicided to leave it and try to send it back and get a refund, if i dont then oh well but im going to save for a ATI 5700 or a ATI 5570, hopfully i dont mess that up either :D 
!