Rampage III Formula; LEDs flashing, computer wont start

GraysonGoose

Honorable
Jun 19, 2012
I have an Asus Rampage III Formula Motherboard

Okay so here is my situation:

I had my computer on standby overnight if that makes any difference; actually I usually put my computer on standby when I'm not using it. I turned it on today and it was working fine. I saw that I was using 46% of my RAM but I didn't think I had many things running so I just decided to restart my computer to refresh everything. I turned my computer on and while it was booting up (when you still see black screens) I received a message; I can't remember exactly what it was, but it said something about the USB usage, or something to that effect, and that the computer would shut down in 15 seconds with an exclamation point. So it shut down and I turned my computer back on again and I got the same message and it proceeded to turn off again. So once again I tried to turn it back on and this time it wouldn't turn back on at all. So I turned off my PSU and unplugged the cord from my surge protector. I then proceeded to turn the PSU switch back on and plug everything back in. I flipped the power switch on the PSU again and it still wouldn't turn on. So I opened my computer case and found that the "Reset" button/switch, Q LED "DRAM" and the "BIO2 LED" were flashing. To be more accurate it is almost like a pulse with all three of them flashing at the same time every other second.

My inclination is to obviously suspect the RAM since the DRAM light is blinking but I tried testing each RAM individually by installing a stick in the DIMM red slot and if the problem didn't resolve I'd install it into another red slot ( of course unplugging the power cord before I did it). And yet I still get the same problem. What's the probability that all of my 6 sticks of RAM hit the bed at the same time? Unless somehow I tested it wrong.

I also notice that the PSU makes a very light clicking sound every time the LEDs flash. I would suspect the PSU to be the problem because I believe usually when you have a RAM problem you can still start up your computer correct? As stated previously; I can't. But if the PSU is suspect why do the aforementioned LED's light up when I plug the PSU in? It shouldn't be reeving any power if the PSU was broken correct?

And even after all this, it still doesn't explain why the reset button and the Bios2 LED are flashing.

As you can seen I'm at a lose here and any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

GraysonGoose

Honorable
Jun 19, 2012
I have a Corsair TX850 and I tried putting all that RAM back in and my computer still encountered the same problem. I used a little compressed air here and there but when I look at the motherboard it doesn't look that dusty.

unplug all ram and only try with 1 stick.

it would really help next time you get some error multiple times that you write down what it's saying if you don't understand it. If it was something about USB, what USB devices did you have plugged in?