dirk101

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: As soon as the build is definitive

BUDGET RANGE: Below 1300 LEI = below 440 USD (1 USD = 2.97 RON) (keep in mind that the actual value of a dollar differs too)

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Checking e-mail, listening to music, managing Office documents, web browsing non-Flash intensive

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: Graphics Card, OS, HDD, Optical Drive

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: emag.ro / evomag.ro / dc-shop.ro (emag.ro has better delivery service, evomag.ro has a greater variety or components, dc-sop.ro has the lowest prices/better local staff/troubleshooting/warranty service but the least variety of components)

COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: Romania

OVERCLOCKING: No

SLI OR CROSSFIRE: No

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1920x1080

PARTS: (went with dc-shop.ro for the lower prices)

CPU Intel Core i3-2100
Memory KINGSTON DDR3 Kit 2x2GB, CL9, 1333MHz
PSU Corsair CX430, 430W
Motherboard ASROCK H61DE/S3
Case up for suggestions, below 200 LEI, will go with a low-price Asus case otherwise after I see how well-built one is

- I'm looking to make the cheapest system I can without sacrificing the quality of the components. If there are combinations of components I can go with that make the system cheaper but still reliable, I'll choose them

- I'm the least sure about the case, given the general lack of images in a case's gallery. If there's a low-price case you trust that's available, anywhere below 200 LEI, feel free to suggest it, though as already mentioned, the lower the price the better

- I'm going with the built-in Intel HD 2000 CPU/H61 chipset pair and will see how it fares with simple tasks. I considered going with a HD 3000 CPU but I didn't think the performance was needed. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

- the motherboard needs to have a PCI slot to support a video capturing card

- I chose the motherboard with 4 memory slots for future upgradability and/or higher life span in case a memory slot ever fails in the far future, foreseeing that the system will be used far past its supported warranty

- I chose the PSU also for upgradability, specifically for the possibility of adding a video card if ever need be solely for playing 1080p movies on big wide-screen monitors. The only problem is that my experience is only with Corsair and Antec, and I chose the lowest wattage PSU available between them on all three sites. If I can go lower with a different brand and still get quality components, please suggest options as you see fit.

ADDITIONAL NOTES:

If anyone's up for looking through the pages provided, the translation for the categories and other terms are:

Componente PC = PC Components
Procesoare= Processors/CPUs
Placi video = Graphic Cards
Placi de baza = Motherboards
Carcase = Cases -> Numar ventilatoare = Number of fans
Putere sursa = PSU power -> Nu are = No PSU
Memorii = Memory
Surse = Power Supplies
Unitati optice = Optical Disc Recorder
Periferice = Peripherals
Tastaturi = Keyboards

Sortare = Sort by
Cele mai vandure = Most sold
Pret crescator/descrescator = Price ascending/descending
Galerie poze = Image gallery
Fisa specificatii = Specifications file
Link producator = Manufacturer's website link
Comparatii produse = Product comparison

Images and universal component names may help, and hopefully filters are easily understandable, but if more translations are needed feel free to ask.

I'm aware that helping someone through sites in a foreign language requires more patience than normal, and I appreciate any suggestions or advice given about the build. Alternatively, you can use English sites for components suggestions and I'll see if they're available myself, it's completely fine by me.

jerreddredd

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010
I think you did pretty good based on usage and budget. you picked a good PSU for the money, don't change it. In fact I wouldn't change anything except maybe the CPU.

The i3-2105 for the Intel 3000 graphics, its 100 LEI more but is a big increase in graphic power, but if your not doing HD video, stay with the i3-2100 and the intel 2000 graphics and save up for discrete GPU.
http://www.emag.ro/procesoare/procesor-intel-174-coretm-i3-2105-31ghz-socket-1155-box--pINBX80623I32105

not sure when Llano would hit you country, but it could be a better alternative and in the US the Llano APU price is about the same and the i3, but I haven't seen any Motherboards yet to support it. I think it will be a while for it to be available in the mainstream.
Llano vs i3-2105 vs AMD x4 and discrete GPU.
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/amd-a8-3850-llano,2975-19.html

for a case, its more of a personal preference. I looked at the dc-shop site... I would either save money and go with an ASUS case or pick one of these. They are decent cases.
http://dc-shop.ro/carcasa-xigmatek-cpc-t45ud-u01-prod-24826.htm
http://dc-shop.ro/carcasa-xigmatek-cpc-t45ub-u01-prod-24824.htm

dirk101

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
manu 11: Thanks for the suggestion, I'll look it up.
jerreddredd: I appreciate all of the advice, especially for taking the time to look through the sites I provided. I noticed the cases you suggested too because they're Xigmatek and they tempted me, but I'm not sure if I can go with them unless I haggle with the future owner of the system, I gave the 200 LEI mark as a pretty wide range. At this point I'd be satisfied with anything that allows at least a fan in the front and one in the back and nothing more.

jerreddredd

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010

your build is solid, I wouldn't sweat the case. Like you said as long as it has an intake and exhaust fan it will do the job.

I didn't see that you had a HDD listed or a DVD/CD drive. Have you got them already?

Good luck with the build.