Advanced settings for Realtek PCIe GBE controller

dmavro

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2010
I have a gigabyte ga-x85a-ud5 rev2.0 mobo and was wondering what all of the advanced settings for Nic controller should be set to. I was told by the company whose trading software i use to disable all 'checksum offloads' in advanced settings, but i was wondering if there were any others that would maybe improve performance. Ive tried looking online for info pertaining to this, but i cant find anything that really explains what all of the setting do. Does anyone know of any good posts relating to this?

I wanted to know what-- ARP offload , Flow control , interrupt moderation , Large Send offload v2 , NS offload , Priority & Vlan , and Receive Side Scaling all do. They are all enabled.

I was also wondering about Jumbo Frame, Large Send offload v2(IPv4), Large Send offload v2(IPv6) which are all disabled.

Im just trying to make everything as efficient as can be. So i figured i might as well tweak what i can. Here are my other settings just in case someone sees something i should change.....

Auto disable Gigabit(disabled),
Energy efficient ethernet(disabled),
Green Ethernet(disabled),
IPv4 Checksum Offload(disabled),
receive buffers(512),
Shutdown Wake on LAN(enabled),
Speed and duplex(Auto Negotiate) ive changed this a few times to 100Mbps Full Duplex because of something i read online
TCP Checksum offload(IPv4)(disabled),
TCP Checksum offload(IPv6)(disabled),
Transmit buffers(128),
UDP Checksum offload(IPv4)(disabled),
UDP Checksum offload(IPv6)(disabled),
Wake on Magic Packet(enabled),
Wake on Pattern Match(enabled),
WOL & Shutdown Link Speed(10 Mbps first)

Thanx to all who lend a hand.

emilymae92

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2011
All four of them. TCP ipv4,ipv6 and UDP ipv4,ipv6 he is correct it does lower your CPU usage. i dont know why your company would recommend turning them off. I have all of mine set to Rx and Tx enabled. I don't know if that answers your question or not.