Sign in with
Your question

E6750 running at 77C under load!! Help!!

Last response: in CPUs
September 28, 2011 10:53:52 PM

My computer started turning off seemingly randomly. I reinstalled windows, no help. I then checked my temps since it seemed to happen based on load, and saw that while only running Minecraft and a Minecraft server, my tcase was at 80C! I immediately turned off my computer and decided to clean it out and rebuild it. I did this, and remounted the heatsink with fresh compound and everything. While running prime95 my tcase gets up to around 77C and my tjunction gets to around 68C. This is far higher than my computer used to run, even when I was overclocking (which I am not doing now). Any thoughts? Things to try? Am I wrong and is this temperature actually ok? I was measuring the temperature with Speedfan btw

More about : e6750 running 77c load

a c 79 à CPUs
September 28, 2011 11:00:30 PM

make sure your case has adequate exhaust fans. what is the ambient room temp? you can get a coolermaster hyper tx3 HSF for like $25, i suggest you do that, its much better than the stock intel cooler.
September 28, 2011 11:24:22 PM

The ambient room temperature is probably around 75. I have one front side 120mm intake fan and two 120mm outtake fans by the cpu, one in the back and one on top. My case is a antec p160 or something. same set up as the p193, minus the side fan http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

I just find it very odd that the computer was fine for almost 5 years and now suddenly is acting up in this way.
Related resources
a b à CPUs
September 29, 2011 12:20:06 AM

Have you checked that all fans are operational and free of dust (particularly the CPU cooler). Perhaps the TIM has gone bad (some had rated lifespans) and a simple reseat of the CPU cooler will fix the problem.
a c 79 à CPUs
September 29, 2011 3:19:36 AM

^ yeah, re-seat the CPU with new thermal paste, that may be the issue.
!