Driver 1394 net adapter xp

G

Hello,
I need a ethernet 1394 net adapter (Fire Wire) driver for Win XP.
Please help.

G

You've rightly identified this as a Firewire port -- these days not used for networking.

Instead concentrate on finding the regular Network Interface Card driver for your machine -- usually part of a multi-function chipset driver. If there's no physical network port on the machine add one -- PCI or USB are pretty cheap. If there is a port and you get stuck -- again add a new port as it'll come with a driver. A secondhand Intel-based PCI card will almost certainly work with XP's built in drivers.

schm1tty

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2010
A website that I have used is devid.info. There is a search bar on the home page, what you type into their is the hardware id of the device that shows up in the de4vice manager. To find the hardware id, go to the device manager, right-click on the device, select properties, click on details, and in the drop down menu select hardware id. Now highlight the top id, copy and the paste it into the search bar in devid.info. The website is never right %100 so you need to use your best judgment when selecting the right driver.

And I always recommend that you go to the manufactures website first...ALWAYS!