Latest Japanese Sales (PSP not going too well...)

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

23.12.04 - Hier sind Software-Verkaufszahlen japanischer Großhändler. Sie
beziehen sich auf den Zeitraum vom 13.12.04 bis 19.12.04.

1. Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater (PS2, Konami)
487.000 St. / Total: 487.000 St.

2. Tales of Rebirth (PS2, Namco)
372.000 St. / Total: 372.000 St.

3. Dragon Quest VIII (PS2, Square Enix
116.000 St. / Total: 3.113.000 St.

4. Sawaru Made in Wario (NDS, Nintendo)
75.000 St. / Total: 249.000 St.

5. Super Mario 64 DS (NDS, Nintendo)
68.000 St. / Total: 241.000 St.

6. Daito Giken Koushiki Pachi-Slot Simulator Yoshimune (PS2, Daito)
57.000 St. / Total: 234.000 St.

7. Pokemon Emerald (GBA, Nintendo)
57.000 St. / Total: 1.250.000 St.

8. Mario Party 6 (GC, Nintendo)
57.000 St. / Total: 268.000 St.

9. Shin Sangoku Musou (PSP, Koei)
56.000 St. / Total: 56.000 St.

10. Rockman EXE 5: Team of Blues (GBA, Capcom)
54.000 St. / Total: 120.000 St.

11. Donkey Konga Jungle Beat (GC, Nintendo)
46.000 St. / Total: 46.000 St.

12. Kidou Senshi Gundam: Gundam vs. Z Gundam (PS2, Bandai)
46.000 St. / Total: 232.000 St.

Auf den weiteren Plätzen

15. Pokemon Dash (GBA, Nintendo)
35.000 St. / Total: 109.000 St.

20. Ridge Racers (PSP, Namco)
27.000 St. / Total: 87.000 St.

21. Ratchet & Clank 3 (PS2, Sony)
25.000 St. / Total: 148.000 St.

22. Metal Gear Acid (PSP, Konami)
24.000 St. / Total: 24.000 St.

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

"Ice Wipe Inc." wrote:

[snip]

Too think I used to be a fanboy... It's so embarassing to see posts like
yours.

You know the PSP will perform better when the user base grows so what do
you think you'll gain with your useless addition to your subject line?

Adnan

Adnan wrote:

> You know the PSP will perform better when the user base grows so what
> do you think you'll gain with your useless addition to your subject
> line?

There are fanboys, there are insecure fanboys and then there's Todd. The
only thing he enjoys more than licking a kangaroo's sweaty testicles and
crying about "American style" games is trying to defend Nintendo's
ever-loosening grip on markets it used to reign supreme over.

It doesn't take a genius to note that Metal Gear Solid 3 is the top-selling
game in Japan, and Metal Gear Acid was only on sale for three days when
these numbers were compiled. Gee, I wonder if its sales will climb over the
coming weeks? The Dynasty Warriors PSP game was also only on sale for three
days and it sold 56,000 copies and made it into the top 10.

I love my DS, but to naively think that the PSP is not going to do well in
the country where PS2 is king is stupid even for a fanboy of Todd's blind
devotion.

-Z-