System keeps restarting please help!

dan094

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2011
Ok, hi there. Last Wednesday I the got all the parts of my gaming computer that I ordered. I had almost no trouble putting the parts together. Everything worked almost beautifully until Thursday night. The speeds were as fast as it should be the graphic card performs. The CPU idles at 30 to 40C but on Thursday the computer started randomly rebooting. It happened twice that night once when trying to launch borderlands, it was trying to read the game off the Blue-Ray and it just restarted. The seconds time it happened 30 minutes later when none was touching the PC during for what looked like it was about to go into sleep mode. Friday morning it rebooted while I just looking into random folders of my HDD. So i though it was a driver issue or a bad win7 installation so i completely wiped both HDD and re installed windows and this time got the latest up to date drivers for all the parts. It was working fine for about 4 to 6 hours until the middle of the day were it rebooted again, this time when it rebooted into windows there was a side notice saying saying that my wireless adapter for the internet the driver stopped working. So i though maybe that was the problem and reinstalled the driver for it and i set Automatic restarts on system error to OFF so i can narrow down the problem. It didn't reboot the rest of the day, that whole night ( I left it on while sleeping) the next day i played BC2 on it for like 3 hours it was fine and tonight at 7 it rebooted!! No blue screen no nothing system log just says immediate loss of power or unresponding system or wtv. None of the cables are loose and though it might be the power strip (surge light turned off when computer rebooted) but its not (rebooted again 30 minutes later after plugging the power straight into wall).

"UPDATE" : I forgot to say the last two times it rebooted I was playing crysis i don't know if its a fluke or has something to do with the amount of power the PSU pulls out or even the GPU

I don't know what to do anymore im running memory test right now but i doubt its the ram since it didn't blue screen even after turning off automatic restarts.

here are the specs for my PC

Cooler Master HYPER 212 PLUS

i5-2500K CPU INTEL i5 2500K (not overclocked yet)

ASrock P67 Extreme 4

KHX1600C9D3P1K2/8G (8GB 1600MHz DDR3 Non-ECC CL9 DIMM

SAPHIRE RADEON HD6950 2G DDR5 DIRT3 EDITION

CD-ROM, DVD LG-BH12LS35 $LG 12X BLU-RAY WRITER SATA LS RETAIL

Hard Drives Western Digital WD1002FAEX SATA WD 1TB (7200rpm) 64MB, 6Gb/s

Cooler Master RC-932-KKN5 CM HAF 932 ADVANCED

Corsair 750TX 750W Power Supply

Kingston SSDnow 64G SSD

almartin

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2011
It sounds like the HDD is about to fail. You should backup any data before it quits.

You could run CHKDSK from the command prompt to check for bad sectors.

dan094

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2011
What's wrong with a ASrock motherboard 0.o? how do i test my hardware? cmon guys im a noob at this