Need advice to choose a sub vendor

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Nvidia
  • ATI
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 20, 2011 8:43:35 AM

hey I'm looking to buy an ATI 5770 and a nVidia GTS 250 I'm stuck at which sub vendor to choose?
Could you please help me to choose best form the following for both ATI and nVidia.. (REGARDLESS OF WARRANTY EDGE AND PRICE DIFFERENCE).

Which is better for ATI
HIS
ASUS
XFX

..and for nVdia?
EVGA
XFX
ASUS

(please don't suggest any other as I've already have some other reason to not to choose Sapphire or MSI).

Thank you cheers!

More about : advice choose vendor

Best solution

a c 130 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
April 20, 2011 9:51:19 AM

Well, you see, what often separates vendors is "warranty edge" and "price difference". If anything, the final deciding factor is cooling.

HIS has an iCooler technology, ASUS has DirectCU, and XFX doesn't have too much. I'm not familiar with EVGA's cooling either.
April 20, 2011 10:41:28 AM

Is there any graph available on internet which helps to decide such things?
As far as I've heard EVGA has control over noise of a GPU.

Can I with HIS? I don't like those ugly XFX stickers on HD 5770 and GTS 250 either. :( 
m
l
Related resources
April 20, 2011 1:45:23 PM

It good to go with ASUS for ATI because its fit for performance,price and warranty.XFX is also a good vendor from the point of view of warranty with nearly same performance
as asus's gives.
And for nvidia my first preference is ASUS and then EVGA as uses experience.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
April 20, 2011 2:05:48 PM

The thing is the main deciding factor is the Price and warranty differences combined with their customer support - the only other difference if you do not consider those is the addition of slightly improved coolers and fans and perhaps a slight OC from the factory (and perhaps a difference in the actual chips used but that can vary even within the same manufacturers cards based on date if manufacture at times) but for those it is usually just a matter of research to see if the additional cost is worth the investment for the extra cooling (more important for the 250 than the 5770 since the 5770 uses less power so does not need that much extra cooling !) Discarding that info leaves deciding strictly based on personal experience from the various makers and everyone will have a different opinion on that since even within the same maker the customer service experience and product quality experience will differ from user to user (much like your decision to rule out Sapphire and MSI !) so any recommendation based on that will be biased and not really useful.
m
l
a c 173 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
April 20, 2011 2:10:47 PM

Price and warranty are of little concern when it is quality that you need to worry about. It is quality or nothing.

XFX for both nvidia and ati, same for asus. Only go evga for preference.
m
l
April 21, 2011 12:50:35 AM

jyjjy said:
This XFX GTS 250 is quite a deal;
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Thanks I already had that in my mind.

vishal s said:
It good to go with ASUS for ATI because its fit for performance,price and warranty.XFX is also a good vendor from the point of view of warranty with nearly same performance
as asus's gives.
And for nvidia my first preference is ASUS and then EVGA as uses experience.

Price really doesn't matter since I know those card aren't going to cost me more than 150 bucks so it's the quality and cooling which really bothers me. :) 

JDFan said:
The thing is the main deciding factor is the Price and warranty differences combined with their customer support - the only other difference if you do not consider those is the addition of slightly improved coolers and fans and perhaps a slight OC from the factory (and perhaps a difference in the actual chips used but that can vary even within the same manufacturers cards based on date if manufacture at times) but for those it is usually just a matter of research to see if the additional cost is worth the investment for the extra cooling (more important for the 250 than the 5770 since the 5770 uses less power so does not need that much extra cooling !) Discarding that info leaves deciding strictly based on personal experience from the various makers and everyone will have a different opinion on that since even within the same maker the customer service experience and product quality experience will differ from user to user (much like your decision to rule out Sapphire and MSI !) so any recommendation based on that will be biased and not really useful.

A very good info sir. But seriously customer service and such really doesn't matters to me at all, I know that XFX have lost their reputation with their non-friendly attitude towards customers but they're still a good company.

Also, my main reason not to choose Sapphire or MSI was lack of stock on my near local stores since my last night visit I was toled that I can have a Sapphire. So is it good to go with Sapphire instead? Or can I put Sapphire as a choice towards other? Any advice?

nforce4max said:
Price and warranty are of little concern when it is quality that you need to worry about. It is quality or nothing.

XFX for both nvidia and ati, same for asus. Only go evga for preference.

Thanks guys. My question still remains hop someone could help thanks. :) 
My main reason not to choose Sapphire or MSI was lack of stock on my near local stores since my last night visit I was toled that I can have a Sapphire. So is it good to go with Sapphire instead? Or can I put Sapphire as a choice towards other? Any advice?
m
l
a c 173 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
April 21, 2011 1:06:20 AM

Compared to most people I am very picky when it comes to cards much like I am with music. First rule of thumb if it is very heavy then it is expensive which is a good sign ;) 
Second does it have a copper cooler or at least a vapor chamber if nothing else heat pipes? Is the vram and power vrm have heatsinks or a single large plate? At the very least a few thermal pads to cool the vram. Personally just aim for a reference 5770.
m
l
April 21, 2011 1:53:58 AM

nforce4max said:
Compared to most people I am very picky when it comes to cards much like I am with music. First rule of thumb if it is very heavy then it is expensive which is a good sign ;) 
Second does it have a copper cooler or at least a vapor chamber if nothing else heat pipes? Is the vram and power vrm have heatsinks or a single large plate? At the very least a few thermal pads to cool the vram. Personally just aim for a reference 5770.

Same way I think. :)  I say woooa wait? Why is that card so expensive? It should be having something special oh em gee, grab this one. :) 

Is Sapphire better than XFX, HIS and ASUS?
..and is EVGA better than XFX and ASUS when it comes to nVidia.? :) 
m
l
a c 130 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
April 21, 2011 9:44:04 AM

I've no experience with EVGA (First-hand or hearing about it), so I can't be the judge of that. XFX has great warranties and is great with Customer Support, as is ASUS. ASUS, however, makes some of the better custom cooling designs.
m
l
April 21, 2011 9:47:15 AM

shadow187 said:
I've no experience with EVGA (First-hand or hearing about it), so I can't be the judge of that. XFX has great warranties and is great with Customer Support, as is ASUS. ASUS, however, makes some of the better custom cooling designs.

Just last question from all of you guys (sorry for being so noobish person).
Can a Corsair CX430 can run an ATI HD 6870, CX430 430Watts that is...

Thanks.
m
l
a c 173 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
April 21, 2011 2:13:40 PM

You can run a 6870 on that, at stock clocks and on stock volts it tops out at 127w and 151w when you overclock it.
m
l
April 21, 2011 3:07:18 PM

nforce4max said:
You can run a 6870 on that, at stock clocks and on stock volts it tops out at 127w and 151w when you overclock it.

Thanks much and thank you everyone on this thread for helping me. It's bit unfortunate that we can only select one best answer as we're forced to do so but almost everybody on all thread contributes something..
m
l
April 21, 2011 3:08:16 PM

Best answer selected by guest911.
m
l
!