HP LP3065 Resolution

Hi, I have a HP8540W Laptop, running Windows 7 64bit, 8GB RAM, ingrated NVIDIA Quadro FX 880M Video Card, and the Monitor is the HP LP3065. As i have read on some of the postings it seems that there are issues with getting the best resolution and that is my issue also. I have tried the DVI connectors (both white & Green colored), a Display Port connector but still the best that that i can get is the 1200 x 800 at 60HZ. If I select anything higher it goes to 59 HZ and looks really fuzzy/bad. I have downloaded the latest HP Display drivers (8/11/2009) and for the Nvidia driver is dated (1/7/2011). Is there any suggestions on why i can not get a better resolution on this monitor/PC combo?
I had a HP8030W that died a few months ago and it worked great with the monitor at 1920x1080, it would be great to go all the way to 2500 x 1600!
Help with suggestions or if you need more information I will provide it.

Thanks,
Cliff
4 answers Last reply
More about lp3065 resolution
  1. Very strange. What if you disable the laptop display and use the display port only on the 30"? Just curious. Also, is this directly to the laptop or a docking station?
  2. Jay2tall,
    The configuration i described was as a dock system. I undocked and connected the Display port connector to the display port and went into both screen resolutions U/I's (the Nvidia & Windows) both had the recommend resolution set at 1200 x 800 at 60HZ. Again if i picked a higher resolution it would shift to 59hz and look really bad.
    The monitor has 3 DVI ports but no other connection types. Not sur how to post/put screen shot into this text box but do you have other suggestions?
  3. Hi Cliff, have you solved this issue yet? I am looking for a similar setup. I currently have the HP LP3065 monitor as well, and am looking for a laptop that I can connect to it and use at the highest resolution.

Have you seen this link:
    http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Monitors-EXPERTS-ONLINE-NOW/How-to-get-DUAL-DVI-D-out-of-8540w-and-into-LP3065-Monitor/td-p/1158971

I haven't tried it myself, just hoping to see if more people have had success with it.
  4. Hi Cliff, have you solved this issue yet? I am looking for a similar setup. I currently have the HP LP3065 monitor as well, and am looking for a laptop that I can connect to it and use at the highest resolution.

Have you seen this link:
    http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Monitors-EXPERTS-ONLINE-NOW/How-to-get-DUAL-DVI-D-out-of-8540w-and-into-LP3065-Monitor/td-p/1158971

I haven't tried it myself, just hoping to see if more people have had success with it.
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Hewlett Packard Resolution Graphics