Is this a good low-end gaming PC?

I'm planning on building a new PC in the near future. I'm looking to build a pretty good gaming PC that would allow me to play games such as Team Fortress 2 and Left 4 Dead 2 pretty well. Are these specs any good?

Power: Corsair 500w PSU
Graphics: ATI Sapphire Radeon HD 5670 PCI Express
Motherboard: Asus M4A89GTD PRO USB3 AMD 890GX Crossfire DDR3 ATX HDMI Socket AM3
Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 Quad 955 Core 3.2GHz Processor 4 x 512 KB Boxed - Black Edition
Memory: Corsair 2 x 2GB DDR3 SDRAM Channels
Case: CiT Vantage Black PC Gaming Case

Would my PSU be able to power all of this? I'm trying to build on a budget. Thanks in advance! :)
7 answers Last reply
More about good gaming
  1. http://extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp

500w will be more than enough for that build, if anything you could drop it if wanted to save money, use that website to calculate what you need.

That is a nice PSU however
  2. ^He's right, get a Corsair 450W PSU for that build. And make yourself a favor, get a HD 5770 instead of that HD 5670, it's 2-3x faster than it. The price difference is small for a big performance difference.
  3. Or possibly a 6770, since they are priced even with the 5770's and sometimes even cheaper.
  4. Yes i forgot to metion it, since they're the same cards :)
  5. I would recommend sticking with with 500W PSU in case you want to upgrade in the future.
  6. Honestly, if you wanted to cut costs, don't get an 890GX board. Get an 880G or lower - that ought to shave off some of the price.

I understand this thread is outdated so it doesn't really matter anymore - just thought I'd post my two cents anyway.
  7. 7770's are around the same price, and perform on par with the 6850.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems