Building a new computer

ivan chandra

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2011
hello, I need advice with this, I'm really new to all this, my old computer is not as sophisticated as this,the available funds around $ 2200, I hope to get advice from you guys, thanks

Cooler Master HAF full tower (RC-942-kkn1)
Core i7 960 (Box)
Asus Rampage III Extreme
Gigabyte GTX 590
CORSAIR 1200W CMPSU-1200AXEU AX Professional Gold Series
Corsair CMP12GX3M3A1600C9 (3x4Gb) (i7,1366,Triple Chanel)
Zalman CNPS 11X
DELL 23 Inch Alienware AW2310
Corsair Force Series CSSD-F120GB3-BK sata III

ivan chandra

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2011
I have not bought it, I come from Indonesia and I intend to buy it this week, I plan to buy it all from the central computers that are here, does GTX 590 can work optimally with 950watt Power Supply? and whether the monitor Samsung 23-Inch PX2370 is good? I felt the monitor alienware is too expensive and what suggestions do you have for the processor?

Consider the Intel second generation CPUs like i7-2600K

This is a recently released PSU from Corsair: http://www.corsair.com/power-supplies/modular-psus/professional-series-1/professional-series-hx1050-80plus-silver-certified-modular-power-supply.html (this will power whatever you install in the computer).

Another one to consider is: http://www.corsair.com/power-supplies/modular-psus/professional-series-1/hx850w.html - this one will also power whatever you install in the computer.

I suggest that you read some of the posts in the 'New Build' section, and then configure a system for yourself. Then post in the New Builds section for review and recommendations.

ivan chandra

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2011
I have not bought it but I've ordered everything I mentioned above, but I was able to cancel some to be replaced with another (because I know the shop owners) are likely in the middle of this week's all been available, I'm just in doubt with all that. I think the 3d technology is not perfect and too expensive, probably the most realistic option for gaming is the Samsung 23-Inch PX2370, how do you think?