Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 | Good Choice?

Last response: in Motherboards
June 21, 2012 4:44:01 PM

Howdy folks,

Its been a few years since I've been in the hardware game, and I'm looking to build a relatively budget Gaming/Movie PC. Mostly looking to grab parts on sale/specials, so I'm picking the parts up over time, over about a month or so.

Just looking for some reassurance on my Mobo choice: Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 - http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX33928

With a price match to Vuugo, and free shipping match from Amazon, I can get it for $123 CAD including Tax, which I think is a pretty good deal I think. Thoughts?

Points of concern: Is it relatively future proof - can it support an Ivy Bridge Chip (maybe with a BIOS Update?). I want to make sure I'm not overlooking some critical detail that gonna come back to bite me, so here are my expected other components to this PC.

CPU: i5 2500K (waiting for a good deal to get one for less than $200)

RAM: Miscellaneous 4GB 1600Mhz

CASE: Antec 302 (already purchased - has USB3.0 on the front, so Internal USB3.0 Header is mandatory on the Mobo)

HARD-DRIVE: Miscellaneous 64GB-90GB SSD (SATA 6GB/s) for Operating System only (Win 7)

VIDEO CARD HD 5830 (Used from a friend for cheap)

So does this Mobo make sense for these other parts? I think its got the SATA 6GB/s and USB3.0 slots that I need. PCIe x16 should be good for the Video Card, and I'm not planning on doing SLI/XFire in the future. It should also support some decent OC'ing on the 2500K (I'll likely be getting an aftermarket Air Cooler).

So what do you think? For the Price and Features, I feel like this is a solid buy, but like I said, it's been a while since I've done this. So if you think you know of a better board for roughly the same price, I'd love to hear about it!

Thanks guys,
NoisyMonk.

Best solution

June 21, 2012 4:54:02 PM

yes I have used many Gigabyte boards and they have always proven great. And if you need a replacement due to back board, they do not hesiatate, the RMA is setup and you have a replacement is a week.

Good Choise.
June 21, 2012 11:38:13 PM

Cool, thanks for your input jdamon!

Anyone else care to weigh in?
Score
Related resources
July 3, 2012 4:56:47 PM

Best answer selected by noisymonk.
Score
a c 328 V Motherboard
July 3, 2012 8:35:28 PM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr