GA-EX58-UD5 F13

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
Hello. Does anyone know of memory incompatibility issues between my motherboard and performance memory?
Bios versions between F9 and F12 (both included) detect failing memory during post and ignores it. F13 no longer does this.
So when I flashed to F13 I was able to determine which memory module was broken.
But I also found general issues with stability.

I'm sporting a 3x2GB Corsair XMS6GX3M3C1600C7 and a 3x2GB g.skill F3-16000CL9-6GBPS kit.
I've now reduced to 2 of each module as one of the g.skill modules is failing.
However with the F13 bios I cannot find a decently stable setup that isn't horribly slow.

I'm getting prime95 errors within 20 minutes with any timings proper timings. Even stock SPD timings @ 1066 will fail.
I'm currently half an hour into prime testing running the memory at 800 with 11-11-11-27 T2 timings. Not what I'd expect from performance modules.

Worth noting : I've bumped all voltages that have to do with the mch and some that don't. PLL 1.9v VTT 1,4v ICH & QPI 1.2 DIMM 1.68v Vcore at auto. PCIE and ICH IO at stock.

I've tried with cpu at 1.6ghz and up to 3.5ghz with no notable difference.

I've disabled fan management (full speed now) and added a 220mm fan cooling memory and chipset.

CPU temp during prime95 don't reach 55C at any point unless I go past 3.2ghz in which case I'll hit 60C. Ambient temp @ 24C.

Any smart people around that don't just say 'try with more voltage' or 'try with default bios settings'

Below is the latest info from a gigabyte ticket:
OK. It can of course be a defective CPU or a defective motherboard. Your placing of memory is correct using 4 modules in two dual channels.

You can try add a little gain to the CPU, memory and Northbridge. Enter BIOS => MIT menu => change Load-Line Calibration to [enable] => CPU Vcore to 1,35 => ICH Core to 1,2V => QPI to 1,25V => dram voltage => 1,6V => save and exit