Looking to downgrade from my Sapphire 2gb 6950

Status
Not open for further replies.

slayerbizkit

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2009
Yeah sounds strange, but I sold my 8800GT and bought this video card mainly to play Crysis 2 and Stalker: Call of Pripyat. After playing both these games to death, I realize I really have no use for this card. I mainly play games like Heroes of Newerth, Company of Heroes, Modern Warfare 2, and the occasional SNES emulator, games which ran fine on my 8800GT. I don't do any graphic design and I rarely do video editing so this kind of power is kind of a waste for me.

I'd like to get a card slightly more powerful than my 8800GT but within the $100-$140 price range. Suggestions would be much appreciated.

Solution
You might also try putting a for sale listing on the deals section and offer to trade the 6950 for a less powerful card and some cash (depending on the card they are trading) - might be able to recoup more of the $270 that way (figure there are probably a lot of people out there with decent cards looking to upgrade to a 6950 and that would be a deal for both of you.)

slayerbizkit

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2009

Spent $270 on this card to play two video games that I'm already sick of. I'd rather sell this card and buy myself car parts. I'll check out the 4850. I'm still open to all suggestions.

You might also try putting a for sale listing on the deals section and offer to trade the 6950 for a less powerful card and some cash (depending on the card they are trading) - might be able to recoup more of the $270 that way (figure there are probably a lot of people out there with decent cards looking to upgrade to a 6950 and that would be a deal for both of you.)

Solution

slayerbizkit

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2009

I think I will most likely go this route. I think I'm going to settle for a 5850 since I want something that is at least DX11 Capable. Thanks for the tip!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS