Possible new motherboard for new case

taxemicshadow

Honorable
May 19, 2012
Hey, I am thinking that i might want to get a new motherboard for my case that i am going to get in the following months. I want atleast 2 pci-e x16 slots aswell as atleast 3 pci-e 1x slots (for sound card, networking card and such) I also have a 2nd gen i5-2320. Also, any tips on moving the processor? the last thing i want is to ruin my processor. I am also thinking of getting corsair liquid cooling because it is liquid cooling, from a trusted brand, and it has the thermal compound on it already. What bracket would i use from that? thanks for any replies

Suave145

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
Great motherboard on z68 chipset, great well trusted brand, great looking black pcb & overall amazing reviews. http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=353599&CatId=7212

Pretty hard to find something with such specific needs & most motherboards don't have 3 pci 1x slots but hopefully thats satisfying & its a great price for what it is for.

What do you mean moving the processor? Upgrading it?

I would recommend The Corsair h60 if you really do want to get a liquid cooling system but I think since your not doing any over volting & its not going to make much of a difference to just get a Coolermaster hyper 212+, cheaper solution.

The manual will tell you which ones to use & they have pictures.

taxemicshadow

Honorable
May 19, 2012

Thanks, love the board. By moving the processor i mean moving it from one board to another. When i get this case i might as well upgrade from my m-atx to an atx.

Suave145

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
ok well i recommend buying this CPU Cleaner Kit I have one myself works great & you'll need it anyways if you dont have isopropyl alcohol. Do that before removing the cpu from the old motherboard. Handle the cpu on the edge & top...pretty much no touching of the pins.