Which computer case for HEAVY case Mod

Meltdown50

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2011
Hey guys,
This is my first post so be nice.

I'm looking to start my 5th build and i want to really do something special this time around.

My idea is to invest in a TOP quality Mid tower and modding the HELL out of in. I'm talking cutting windows, custom painting every surface, custom LED lighting, adding personal graphics/logo's, etc.. Even all of the internals (mobo/GPU/PSU/cables) will be modded to match color/theme of the case. I am really going all out on this thing.

What i am looking for is the BEST case to base this mod off. Top of the line build quality and materials as after i Mod it, i want it to last.

The cases i was considering are:
1. LIAN LI PC-V1020
2. SILVERSTONE Fortress Series FT02
3. Corsair Obsidian Series 650D
4. SilverStone TJ07

What would you guys suggest? Did i miss any cases?

FYI the parts i have to put in it are:
i7 2600k
ASRock Z68 Extreme7 Mobo
16gb Corsair Vengeance
Corsair AX1200 PSU
SLI MSI GTX 580 3gb
+ random fans, LED lights, fan controllers, etc.

Meltdown50

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2011
oh, forgot to mention... Cost is not really a factor. Willing to put around $500 into the case if needed (though, spending less is fine). Just that it is a mid sized case.

AdrianPerry

Distinguished
Id probably recommend the 650D. It's a big square simple looking and well built case that will pretty much mod to be whatever you want.

The fortress case id say is fairly limited, it already has a window, and you might find limitations due to the 90 degree motherboard orientation.

The Lian-Li is probably in the same situation as the 650D, big case, simple design, lots of mod options.

All the cases you have listed are Full Tower cases? Yet you keep saying you want a Mid-Tower? Not sure which direction you actually want to go here.

----

Bottom line, 650D would be my recommended choice.

Meltdown50

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2011
Thanks for the input AdrianPerry. I think you are right about the fortress. Also - My understand is that the above are Mid cases... that's how they are classified on newegg/all over. I guess what i should say is that i want a case around those sizes.

How about the SilverStone TJ07? I'm watercooling so air flow isnt an issue. Also, i like the artist direction i could go with the bottom side fan mounts.

Is the Silverstone TJ07 too old? i cant find any relivent reviews/discussion about it that isnt atleast 3-4 years old.

Thanks,