Sign in with
Your question

Dolby Digital Live Help

Last response: in Components
September 30, 2011 7:02:01 AM

Ok so I recently received my new sound card (Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-fi Titanium) from Newegg. I uninstalled my realtek hd audio driver and then disabled onboard in the BIOS. I then installed the card and downloaded the lastest drivers from creatives site. Im running on Windows 7 64bit. I running an optical cable from the optical out on the card to my tritton ax pros decoder box. Im looking to get 5.1 Dolby Digital surround sound in games like BF3. Through the sound cards control panel...creatives control panel thing...I go to the encoder tab and select Dolby Digital Live. Upon doing this my headphones put off a lot of static as well as random clicks when just sitting on my desktop...You can hear faint beeps like electronic beeps..I dont know if this is normal or not but the dolby light on my decoder box lights up and i get sound..I was wondering if theres a better way, cleaner way of getting dolby to my headphones...no background noise..just clear nice sound...Also when enabling dolby digital live I lose control of volume on desktop and I have to have Speakers set as default rather than Optical so this is just very strange..

More about : dolby digital live

September 30, 2011 1:17:37 PM

Shouldn't be any problems; I didn't have any problems with my ASUS Xonar D2 and Tritton AX Pro's when I was using DDL...

You could give the PAX or Daniel_K driver packs a try, and see if that helps...

Also, make sure the sample rate is 48KHz or 44.1KHz; I'd assume this is done automatically as part of DDL though...
!