Is this a Motherboard Issue?

obubdeno

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
Hey guys, I recently put together my custom system and the audio is fine, but im having problems with the Mic volume. No body can hear me.

I have an ASrock 970 Extreme 3 Mobo, Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit.

I have the volume on 100, boost on 30, and have been messing with all the settings.
The green bar in sound options only goes up 1-2 bars when I SCREAM into it. This is very frustrating, and I have noticed a frequent amount of threads pertaining to this issue, please let me know what I should do.

P.S Its Realtek Audio and I have uninstalled and reinstalled drivers!

I have also ran the install for the drivers in Vista Compatibility mode, Unplugged the front Audio, messed with all the settings, and have done a windows repair install.

obubdeno

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
Yes, works perfectly fine on my mac! Quick question...

Now you know for a phone headset (like ipod ones) where they have buds and a microphone but only 1 jack? Does that not work with windows? Cause i plug that into the pink microphone port and it doesnt work

obubdeno

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
I believe I was able to get it to work... using a green and pink PC headset... weird though. Maybe it was the repair install, but things seem to be moving more sluggish now. I bought a retail copy of Prof. Windows 7 for $65 lol. so ill be replacing home edition with it.