GBA Movie Player v2.0

Hi,

I've been web and deja searching, unsuccessfully, to try to find an answer
regarding the "GBA Movie Player v2.0". I'm refering to the third party
player that uses CF memory, not the Nintendo hardware that uses memory
sticks nor the recently announced "Media Player" that is soon to be released
for the DS.

My question is:

Does the emulator on this device support NES roms? Every description that
I've come across regarding this device says that it plays Famicom roms, but
doesn't mention NES. I know that the Famicom was the NES in Japan and that
it's cartridges were 60-pin versus the NES's 72-pin, but I'm not clear if
the two are compatible software-wise.

Mainly just looking for a way to emulate NES on GBA/DS and thought this
"Movie Player" may be one option as I have quite a few spare CF cards laying
around. I've also done quite a bit of reading on GBA flash carts (reviews,
compatibility with DS, etc) and have decided the one that would most fit my
desires would be the "EZFlash II 128Mbit Powerstar". 128Mbit (16 Mbytes)
would be more than enough room for all I want to do (NES emulation). The
"disadvantage" of this cart using a USB read/writer (instead of going
through GBA link port) also seems to be an "advantage" for anyone wanting to
use it primarily with a DS -- as you won't have to dig out a GBA everytime
you want to flash it...
23 answers Last reply
More about movie player

    Yes, it supports NES ROMS. I just received my Movie Player yesterday!
    I had some troubles getting my collection of NES ROMS to work
    correctly, but then I realized most of my files were corrupted or
    "overdumped". I confess, I don't know diddly about how ROMS are stored
    and what "overdumped" means. All I know is that my old collection of
    NES ROMs worked on the Macintosh-based emulators I have been using, but
    didn't work with PocketNES (the GBA NES emulator that the Move Player
    uses). My solution was to find another source of ROMS and try those.
    So far, full success! The ROMS have to be under 200k, so bigger games
    are off-limits.

    The Movie Player also supports reading of TXT files (a feature that's
    almost more appealing than the FC emulator, for me) and viewing of BMP
    images. As the name implies, it can play video files too... but I'm
    having trouble converting the videos I have to the GB format. I'm
    trying to convert all of the "Star Wars - Clone Wars" cartoons to GB
    format... but keep losing the sound on low-compression.

    I believe CF = "Compact Flash". The card I'm using for my GBA Movie
    Player is a Kingston Technology 128 MB Compact Flash Digital Memory
    Card.

    Eric wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I've been web and deja searching, unsuccessfully, to try to find an
    > answer regarding the "GBA Movie Player v2.0". I'm refering to the
    > third party player that uses CF memory, not the Nintendo hardware
    > that uses memory sticks nor the recently announced "Media Player"
    > that is soon to be released for the DS.
    >
    > My question is:
    >
    > Does the emulator on this device support NES roms? Every
    > description that I've come across regarding this device says that it
    > plays Famicom roms, but doesn't mention NES. I know that the Famicom
    > was the NES in Japan and that it's cartridges were 60-pin versus the
    > NES's 72-pin, but I'm not clear if the two are compatible
    > software-wise.
    >
    > Mainly just looking for a way to emulate NES on GBA/DS and thought
    > this "Movie Player" may be one option as I have quite a few spare CF
    > cards laying around. I've also done quite a bit of reading on GBA
    > flash carts (reviews, compatibility with DS, etc) and have decided
    > the one that would most fit my desires would be the "EZFlash II
    > 128Mbit Powerstar". 128Mbit (16 Mbytes) would be more than enough
    > room for all I want to do (NES emulation). The "disadvantage" of
    > this cart using a USB read/writer (instead of going through GBA link
    > port) also seems to be an "advantage" for anyone wanting to use it
    > primarily with a DS -- as you won't have to dig out a GBA everytime
    > you want to flash it...

    Unfortunately I'm no help to your problem. I was wondering what a CF card
    is and how it differs from a flash cart?

    drax

    "Ejiisan" <oed@yahoo.com> wrote
    > Yes, it supports NES ROMS. I just received my Movie Player yesterday!
    > I had some troubles getting my collection of NES ROMS to work
    > correctly, but then I realized most of my files were corrupted or
    > "overdumped". I confess, I don't know diddly about how ROMS are stored
    > and what "overdumped" means. All I know is that my old collection of
    > NES ROMs worked on the Macintosh-based emulators I have been using, but
    > didn't work with PocketNES (the GBA NES emulator that the Move Player
    > uses). My solution was to find another source of ROMS and try those.
    > So far, full success! The ROMS have to be under 200k, so bigger games
    > are off-limits.
    >
    > The Movie Player also supports reading of TXT files (a feature that's
    > almost more appealing than the FC emulator, for me) and viewing of BMP
    > images. As the name implies, it can play video files too... but I'm
    > having trouble converting the videos I have to the GB format. I'm
    > trying to convert all of the "Star Wars - Clone Wars" cartoons to GB
    > format... but keep losing the sound on low-compression.

    Hi,

    Thanks for the reply! Thats precisely the type of information I was trying
    to google or deja out. I'm not familiar with what "overdumping" is either.
    Shoot, the 200k limit is quite a drag though. (Just looked at my the NES
    roms I'm mainly wanting to play on the DS and about 1/3 are greater than
    200k.) I think, for this reason, I'm going to go with a flash cart. The
    "EZ-Flash II 128Mbit Powerstar devkit" looks appealing, as its only $65 for
    both the cart and linker. (You can jump up to 256Mbit for $30 more.) From
    what I have read, this devkit has excellent PC software, along with a nice
    GUI bootloader on the cart itself. It is also, supposibly, 60 percent more
    efficient with battery power than the other carts. I've also read that
    "Pogoshell" works fine with it. I've been customizing and playing around
    with "Pogoshell" (using VirtualBoyAdvance) for the last couple days.
    "Pogoshell" also can display text files (E-books), .bmp's, and integrates a
    NES emulator. Got a tweaked and customized build put together that I'll be
    looking forward to flashing. :^)

    The "Movie Player" still looks pretty cool for media files though. I may
    also get one of them as well. Got a 512 Mbyte CF card in a digital camera
    that gets very little use. I'd just assume use it for media with the
    GBA/DS...

    Thanks again for the information!

    -Eric
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

    Along this subject, I'm surprised that nobody has developed a "flash cart"
    that uses CF memory. (I.e., you insert a CF card into the "flash cartridge"
    and it performs as such.) Even if someone figured out how to do it, I
    imagine writes would be rather slow -- but with CF memory prices still in
    freefall, imagine how much flash space you could have inexpensively. I'd
    love to use my 512 Mbyte CF card as a 512 Mbyte (4096 Mbits!) flash cart.
    Only wanting to do NES emulation, but with that much space I'd definetly rip
    all my GBA games from their carts and store it on one single cart -- with
    still plently of room left for emulation and media!
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

    I bought mine from Lik-Sang, it was delivered much more quickly than I
    anticipated. I've bought two sets of items from Lik-Sang and they've
    performed flawlessly and quickly. So far, I recommend them.
    A link to their site:
    http://www.lik-sang.com
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

    On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 19:41:30 UTC, "Ejiisan" <oed@yahoo.com> wrote:

    > Yes, it supports NES ROMS. I just received my Movie Player yesterday!

    Can you recommend a reliable place to purchase this item?
    TIA
    --
    Regards,
    Doug

    **** remove leading g for email replies. ****
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

    "Ejiisan" <oed@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > I believe CF = "Compact Flash". The card I'm using for my GBA Movie
    > Player is a Kingston Technology 128 MB Compact Flash Digital Memory
    > Card.

    Thanks for the info. I thought that might be the answer, but didn't
    understand how one would use it on a GBA. Once I saw what a GBA Movie
    Player was It became clear.

    drax
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

    "Eric" <none@nospam.not> wrote in message

    > "Ejiisan" <oed@yahoo.com> wrote
    > > Yes, it supports NES ROMS. I just received my Movie Player yesterday!
    > > I had some troubles getting my collection of NES ROMS to work
    > > correctly, but then I realized most of my files were corrupted or
    > > "overdumped". I confess, I don't know diddly about how ROMS are stored
    > > and what "overdumped" means. All I know is that my old collection of
    > > NES ROMs worked on the Macintosh-based emulators I have been using, but
    > > didn't work with PocketNES (the GBA NES emulator that the Move Player
    > > uses). My solution was to find another source of ROMS and try those.
    > > So far, full success! The ROMS have to be under 200k, so bigger games
    > > are off-limits.
    > >
    > > The Movie Player also supports reading of TXT files (a feature that's
    > > almost more appealing than the FC emulator, for me) and viewing of BMP
    > > images. As the name implies, it can play video files too... but I'm
    > > having trouble converting the videos I have to the GB format. I'm
    > > trying to convert all of the "Star Wars - Clone Wars" cartoons to GB
    > > format... but keep losing the sound on low-compression.
    >
    > Hi,
    >
    > Thanks for the reply! Thats precisely the type of information I was
    trying
    > to google or deja out. I'm not familiar with what "overdumping" is
    either.
    > Shoot, the 200k limit is quite a drag though. (Just looked at my the NES
    > roms I'm mainly wanting to play on the DS and about 1/3 are greater than
    > 200k.) I think, for this reason, I'm going to go with a flash cart. The
    > "EZ-Flash II 128Mbit Powerstar devkit" looks appealing, as its only $65
    for
    > both the cart and linker. (You can jump up to 256Mbit for $30 more.)
    From
    > what I have read, this devkit has excellent PC software, along with a nice
    > GUI bootloader on the cart itself. It is also, supposibly, 60 percent
    more
    > efficient with battery power than the other carts. I've also read that
    > "Pogoshell" works fine with it. I've been customizing and playing around
    > with "Pogoshell" (using VirtualBoyAdvance) for the last couple days.
    > "Pogoshell" also can display text files (E-books), .bmp's, and integrates
    > NES emulator. Got a tweaked and customized build put together that I'll
    be
    > looking forward to flashing. :^)
    >
    > The "Movie Player" still looks pretty cool for media files though. I may
    > also get one of them as well. Got a 512 Mbyte CF card in a digital camera
    > that gets very little use. I'd just assume use it for media with the
    > GBA/DS...
    >
    > Thanks again for the information!
    >
    > -Eric

    Where did you find the EZ-Flash II for $65?

    drax
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

    > Where did you find the EZ-Flash II for $65?
    >
    > drax

    ~$65 is consistent pretty much everywhere for the "EZ-Flash II 128Mbit
    Powerstar"...

    Here is one link though:

    http://www.jandaman.com/games.mvc?c=GBADEVKIT

    I also looked at the various ratings and feedbacks on the "Reseller Ratings"
    website:

    http://www.resellerratings.com

    ....and "Jandaman" seems to come out well on top of the other flash cart
    sellers..

    Cheers!
    -Eric
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

    > Can you recommend a reliable place to purchase this item?
    > TIA
    > --
    > Regards,
    > Doug

    I've seen "New and Sealed" ones all over Ebay for cheap from sellers with
    strong feedback and low shipping costs...

    Just make sure that it is "Version 2". If their postings doesn't
    specifically say that it is for the second version, more than likely its the
    first version. (One major difference, I believe, is that the first version
    doesn't have an embedded Famicom/NES emulator.)

    They do look pretty cool. I've decided on a flashcart for now, but may get
    one of these "Movie Players" down the road since I have a 512 Mbyte CF card
    that gets very little use...
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

    >> Where did you find the EZ-Flash II for $65?
    >>
    >> drax
    >
    > ~$65 is consistent pretty much everywhere for the "EZ-Flash II 128Mbit
    > Powerstar"...
    >
    > Here is one link though:
    >
    > http://www.jandaman.com/games.mvc?c=GBADEVKIT
    >
    > I also looked at the various ratings and feedbacks on the "Reseller
    > Ratings"
    > website:
    >
    > http://www.resellerratings.com
    >
    > ...and "Jandaman" seems to come out well on top of the other flash cart
    > sellers..

    I don't know much about flash carts but what can you do with them besides
    play ROMs - I looked a bit at the pogo shell page and it looks interesting.
    Do they really work for picture viewing and ebooks..etc Also, what is the
    best one - I saw some info on EZ Flash III but the pic didn't show much,
    couldn't tell what the cart itself looked like and how it will fit in the
    GBA ( as in is it bigger than a GBA cart?). I don't have much interest in
    copying ROMs on to one but digital photos, ebooks and maybe a movie or 2
    would be cool.
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

    "Raph" <raphs@hotmail.com> wrote

    > I don't know much about flash carts but what can you do with them besides
    > play ROMs - I looked a bit at the pogo shell page and it looks
    interesting.

    Well, I'm sure there are many that use them for GBA "backups" (right), there
    is also a lot of home brew software out there to play around with. My
    interest is primarily just NES emulation, hence 128 Mbit (16 Mbyte) was more
    than enough room for me. Sure, even with NES roms this is a "grey area",
    but I can honestly say that I do physically own the particular NES
    cartridges that I want to emulate on the DS/SP. In fact, having physically
    owned these games for years (and all the hours invested in them) is the main
    reason I'm wanting them on the DS/SP. Nostalgia? Probably. :-)

    As for "Pogo Shell", you can download it and check it out by just using the
    "VirtualBoyAdvance" emulator. Almost all the features of "Pogo Shell" work
    fine in a GBA emulator on PC.

    > Do they really work for picture viewing and ebooks..etc

    From what I have played around with so far, plain ASCII text files and
    ..bmp's work great. I don't believe "Pogo Shell" can handle .jpg's, but I
    wouldn't be surprised if there is a .jpg plug-in for it -- or if someone has
    put together a .jpg viewer. "Pogo Shell" also seems to do .mod sound files
    pretty well. Haven't looked into .mp3 yet. After getting a cart, probably
    will look for "cool stuff" like that -- but primarily all I'm wanting to do
    is NES.

    > Also, what is the best one - I saw some info on EZ Flash III but the pic
    didn't show much,
    > couldn't tell what the cart itself looked like and how it will fit in the
    > GBA ( as in is it bigger than a GBA cart?). I don't have much interest in
    > copying ROMs on to one but digital photos, ebooks and maybe a movie or 2
    > would be cool.

    I'd be subjective if I tried to point out the "best one". The following
    website helped me in making a decision to go with the "EZ-Flash II 128Mbit
    Powerstar":

    http://www.gbaflashguide.com

    I was attracted to the external USB linker (won't have to dig out GBA-SP to
    flash it, as I'll primarily be using it with a DS), it's compatible with the
    DS, low power consumption, PC software for it (already downloaded it),
    bootloader on the cart itself supposibly is very nice, and (even though
    article on it at above site said it wasn't) several sites said "Pogo Shell"
    works fine on it.

    GBA Flash Compatibility with DS Test Results:
    http://www.gameboy-advance.net/nintendo_ds/nds_flash_card.htm

    A few reviews, plus really good forums:
    http://www.gbadev.org/hardware.php

    Hope that helps..

    Cheers!
    -Eric
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

    On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 09:04:11 UTC, "Ejiisan" <oed@yahoo.com> wrote:

    > I bought mine from Lik-Sang, it was delivered much more quickly than I
    > anticipated. I've bought two sets of items from Lik-Sang and they've
    > performed flawlessly and quickly. So far, I recommend them.
    > A link to their site:
    > http://www.lik-sang.com

    Thanks. I'll have a look.
    --
    Regards,
    Doug

    **** remove leading g for email replies. ****
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

    I'm a little hesitant to order from lik-sang especially since the shipping
    is so much more expensive and longer to ship. ...and all without a tracking
    number.

    I found a place in the U.S. That sells movieadvance2 but they ran out during
    xmas!

    Finally found one on ebay so hopefully that'll come in.

    On 12/29/04 5:30 PM, in article 10t6ffn7fs4m76c@corp.supernews.com, "Eric"
    <none@nospam.not> wrote ever so eloquently:

    > "Raph" <raphs@hotmail.com> wrote
    >
    >> I don't know much about flash carts but what can you do with them besides
    >> play ROMs - I looked a bit at the pogo shell page and it looks
    > interesting.
    >
    > Well, I'm sure there are many that use them for GBA "backups" (right), there
    > is also a lot of home brew software out there to play around with. My
    > interest is primarily just NES emulation, hence 128 Mbit (16 Mbyte) was more
    > than enough room for me. Sure, even with NES roms this is a "grey area",
    > but I can honestly say that I do physically own the particular NES
    > cartridges that I want to emulate on the DS/SP. In fact, having physically
    > owned these games for years (and all the hours invested in them) is the main
    > reason I'm wanting them on the DS/SP. Nostalgia? Probably. :-)
    >
    > As for "Pogo Shell", you can download it and check it out by just using the
    > "VirtualBoyAdvance" emulator. Almost all the features of "Pogo Shell" work
    > fine in a GBA emulator on PC.
    >
    >> Do they really work for picture viewing and ebooks..etc
    >
    > From what I have played around with so far, plain ASCII text files and
    > .bmp's work great. I don't believe "Pogo Shell" can handle .jpg's, but I
    >
    > wouldn't be surprised if there is a .jpg plug-in for it -- or if someone has
    > put together a .jpg viewer. "Pogo Shell" also seems to do .mod sound files
    > pretty well. Haven't looked into .mp3 yet. After getting a cart, probably
    > will look for "cool stuff" like that -- but primarily all I'm wanting to do
    > is NES.
    >
    >> Also, what is the best one - I saw some info on EZ Flash III but the pic
    > didn't show much,
    >> couldn't tell what the cart itself looked like and how it will fit in the
    >> GBA ( as in is it bigger than a GBA cart?). I don't have much interest in
    >> copying ROMs on to one but digital photos, ebooks and maybe a movie or 2
    >> would be cool.
    >
    > I'd be subjective if I tried to point out the "best one". The following
    > website helped me in making a decision to go with the "EZ-Flash II 128Mbit
    > Powerstar":
    >
    > http://www.gbaflashguide.com
    >
    > I was attracted to the external USB linker (won't have to dig out GBA-SP to
    > flash it, as I'll primarily be using it with a DS), it's compatible with the
    > DS, low power consumption, PC software for it (already downloaded it),
    > bootloader on the cart itself supposibly is very nice, and (even though
    > article on it at above site said it wasn't) several sites said "Pogo Shell"
    > works fine on it.
    >
    > GBA Flash Compatibility with DS Test Results:
    > http://www.gameboy-advance.net/nintendo_ds/nds_flash_card.htm
    >
    > A few reviews, plus really good forums:
    > http://www.gbadev.org/hardware.php
    >
    > Hope that helps..
    >
    > Cheers!
    > -Eric

    n u l l a n -at- H_o_u_s_t_o_n . R_._R . C_o_m
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

    I've read some places that there are utils to help you compress or trim NES
    roms over 192kb or 200kb for the purpose of getting some of the 250kb or so
    roms to work on movieadvance2.

    Does anyone have any insight or have URL's on this matter? Thanks in
    advance.

    On 12/28/04 1:41 PM, in article
    1104262890.597745.95640@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com, "Ejiisan"
    <oed@yahoo.com> wrote ever so eloquently:

    > Yes, it supports NES ROMS. I just received my Movie Player yesterday!
    > I had some troubles getting my collection of NES ROMS to work
    > correctly, but then I realized most of my files were corrupted or
    > "overdumped". I confess, I don't know diddly about how ROMS are stored
    > and what "overdumped" means. All I know is that my old collection of
    > NES ROMs worked on the Macintosh-based emulators I have been using, but
    > didn't work with PocketNES (the GBA NES emulator that the Move Player
    > uses). My solution was to find another source of ROMS and try those.
    > So far, full success! The ROMS have to be under 200k, so bigger games
    > are off-limits.
    >
    > The Movie Player also supports reading of TXT files (a feature that's
    > almost more appealing than the FC emulator, for me) and viewing of BMP
    > images. As the name implies, it can play video files too... but I'm
    > having trouble converting the videos I have to the GB format. I'm
    > trying to convert all of the "Star Wars - Clone Wars" cartoons to GB
    > format... but keep losing the sound on low-compression.

    n u l l a n -at- H_o_u_s_t_o_n . R_._R . C_o_m
  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

    "Use Email Addr at Bottom of Post" wrote in message

    > I'm a little hesitant to order from lik-sang especially since the shipping
    > is so much more expensive and longer to ship. ...and all without a
    tracking
    > number.
    >
    > I found a place in the U.S. That sells movieadvance2 but they ran out
    during
    > xmas!
    >
    > Finally found one on ebay so hopefully that'll come in.

    Ordered a couple times from Lik-Sang and found their service to be simply
    outstanding. Do a deja search for them (or check "Reseller Ratings") and
    you'll see that the majority of their customers were very pleased with them
    as well. I don't know how they do it, but their shipping proved to be
    incredibly fast. Both orders arrived the third day after being placed --
    from halfway around the world. Thats incredible.

    I agree that the shipping is expensive though. Both of the orders I placed
    were large orders. One was a bunch of Dreamcast stuff for myself and the
    other was an order that two of my friends went in with me with. By ordering
    many items at once, the shipping is offsetted (averaged out) fairly well --
    but, yeah, it wouldn't be worth it for one $20 item...
  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

    > Just make sure that it is "Version 2". If their postings doesn't
    > specifically say that it is for the second version, more than likely its
    the
    > first version. (One major difference, I believe, is that the first
    version
    > doesn't have an embedded Famicom/NES emulator.)

    Not True! The 1st version movie player plays nes roms just fine. There is
    no "embeded" famicom/nes emu. You put pocketnes right on the CF card and
    thats the emu.

    Heres how I did it as I havent used my movie player in months.
    I went to movieadvance.com and dloaded update.e15 and GBA media. Updated my
    1st edition movie player, and copied the included pocketnes file to my CF
    card main directory. Then I went through my NES roms and copied all I wanted
    to play to the main directory of the CF card ,where pocketnes file is) and
    when I started up the movie player, selected the FC icon and away it
    went.Pretty damn cool actually!

    I would bet you could put on a sms emu and others as well.It might even
    work already. You prolly just need to copy the sms emu to the directory of
    the CF and rename it to pocketnes so that it will find and load it and then
    just have some roms on there. Maybe ill give it a try later.

    In short, dont be scared to buy either 1st or second edition movie players.
    I think they are the same thing just different packaging. :)

    Leo
    --
    Im looking for Commodore 64/Vic20 Cartridges! Got any? Check out my
    tradelist & items for sale at http://www.commodore64.allhell.com

    "Leo" <commodore128@REMOVEhotmail.com> wrote in message

    > I would bet you could put on a sms emu and others as well.It might even
    > work already. You prolly just need to copy the sms emu to the directory of
    > the CF and rename it to pocketnes so that it will find and load it and
    then
    > just have some roms on there. Maybe ill give it a try later.

    Ok I made a .gba rom with DrSMS. I renamed the rom to pocketnes.gba to try
    and trick the movie player into thinking it was the right file.It wouldnt
    load it. They must use a modified version of Pnes. I think it would be
    possible to modify the DrSMS file to work with it but thats beyond my
    abilities.Anyways, now you know...

    Leo
    --
    Im looking for Commodore 64/Vic20 Cartridges! Got any? Check out my
    tradelist & items for sale at http://www.commodore64.allhell.com
  20. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

    "Leo" <commodore128@REMOVEhotmail.com> wrote

    > Ok I made a .gba rom with DrSMS. I renamed the rom to pocketnes.gba to
    try
    > and trick the movie player into thinking it was the right file.It wouldnt
    > load it. They must use a modified version of Pnes. I think it would be
    > possible to modify the DrSMS file to work with it but thats beyond my
    > abilities.Anyways, now you know...
    >

    > Leo
    > --
    > Im looking for Commodore 64/Vic20 Cartridges! Got any? Check out my
    > tradelist & items for sale at http://www.commodore64.allhell.com

    Awesome. Thanks for the info, wouldn't had known it was update-able and
    PocketNES could be played on it. So, the .NES and .SMS roms can just be put
    into a directory on the CF? Thats really cool. Much more convienent than
    building PocketNES/DrSMS .GBA's that include .NES/.SMS roms. (Been doing
    this since I just got a flashcard.)

    Are there any problems with .NES roms over 200k? Someone previously wrote
    that .NES roms over 200k wouldn't work for them. I think they were talking
    about the NES emulator in v2.0 of the movie player though (?). All I've
    been doing with my little 128Mbit flash card is just simply NES and SMS
    emulation. Had I known that the movie player could've done both with no
    probs, may just as easily went with that. Oh well... :^)

    Thanks for info. May still just have to get one of these (Movie Player) off
    Ebay as something else to play around with. :^)
  21. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

    Er, sorry, I meant that .NES roms could just be thrown onto the CF card..
  22. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

    Eric wrote:
> [...]
    percent more
    > efficient with battery power than the other carts. I've also read
    that
    > "Pogoshell" works fine with it. I've been customizing and playing
    around
    > with "Pogoshell" (using VirtualBoyAdvance) for the last couple days.
    > "Pogoshell" also can display text files (E-books), .bmp's, and
    integrates a
    > NES emulator. Got a tweaked and customized build put together that
    I'll be
    > looking forward to flashing. :^)
    >
    > The "Movie Player" still looks pretty cool for media files though. I
    may
    > also get one of them as well. Got a 512 Mbyte CF card in a digital
    camera
    > that gets very little use. I'd just assume use it for media with the

  23. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

    When it was first released, there was a problem with NES roms over
    192k. The GBA movie player loads everything into the GBA's limited RAM
    and needed some space for the emulator as well as the rom. However,
    they have done some tweaking and produced a new version (available at
    forum.lik-sang.com in the Movie Player forum) which allows you to pack
    the ROM initially with an included utility, which allows most 256k ROMs
    to play ok.

Console Gaming Movies Video Games