Sign in with
Your question

4 Year old Enermax 485W PSU for new build...

Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • Enermax
  • Components
  • New Build
  • Product
Last response: in Components
September 30, 2011 9:55:05 PM

I am in the process of looking into components for a new system I am working on putting together and I was hoping to salvage some pieces from my old system in the process.

I have an Enermax 485W PSU that I bought about 4 years ago that I have hardly used but was curious as to possibly using it in the new system to save a few bucks. Here is a link for it:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

I have no idea about requirements on some of the newer components but was curious if you guys could help me figure out if this will be useable.

I am looking at running an i5-2500k plus a Radeon 6870 or Nvidea 560 Ti. I am not looking to Crossfire or SLI currently, but would do so in the future and upgrade the PSU at that time.

Any help would be appreciated on this. Thanks!

More about : year enermax 485w psu build

a c 104 ) Power supply
September 30, 2011 10:04:44 PM

no, nein, non, erm, any other language variant on negatory?
I qwouldn't use a 4yr old psu on a new build, especially not a 2500k that your most probably going to overclock,
play safe, get a new decent one, dont skimp on your Pc's heart :) 
Moto
m
l
a b ) Power supply
October 1, 2011 3:46:48 AM

Actually he can use that, a HD 6870 consumes only 150W. The PSU has 384W on the 12V rail.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
October 1, 2011 8:45:06 AM

+1 motopsychojdn

4 years is long time in the PC business and it would ahve degraded a little.

Spend the extra ££ and get yours selft a nice power efficient psu with all those new safety features to protect your investment.
m
l
!