What camera is Nikon Coolpix 5400's heir?

Last response: in Digital Camera
March 11, 2005 3:44:25 PM

Hi everybody:

I've found no model starting at 28mm, why's that?
Is 5400 an obsolete camera?
There's a rebate campaign for this month and looks worthy, what's your
opinion?

Thanks for your help
March 11, 2005 3:44:26 PM

"JVCarver" <jvilaplanagFUERA@FUERAhotmail.com> wrote in message
news:D 0s09u$hpo$1@nsnmrro2-gest.nuria.telefonica-data.net...
> Hi everybody:
>
> I've found no model starting at 28mm, why's that?
> Is 5400 an obsolete camera?
> There's a rebate campaign for this month and looks worthy, what's your
> opinion?
>
> Thanks for your help

The Coolpix 8400 starts at the equivalent of 24mm
Anonymous
March 12, 2005 11:50:09 AM

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 12:44:25 +0100, "JVCarver"
<jvilaplanagFUERA@FUERAhotmail.com> wrote:

>Hi everybody:
>
>I've found no model starting at 28mm, why's that?
>Is 5400 an obsolete camera?
>There's a rebate campaign for this month and looks worthy, what's your
>opinion?

I bought one for about $240 after the rebate. It's a steal at that
price and a very good camera even at the full price.

>Thanks for your help

March 12, 2005 9:26:06 PM

"Oliver Costich" <olc-caNOSPAM@cox.net> wrote in message
> On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 12:44:25 +0100, "JVCarver"
> <jvilaplanagFUERA@FUERAhotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Hi everybody:
>>
>>I've found no model starting at 28mm, why's that?
>>Is 5400 an obsolete camera?
>>There's a rebate campaign for this month and looks worthy, what's your
>>opinion?
>
> I bought one for about $240 after the rebate. It's a steal at that
> price and a very good camera even at the full price.
>

>>Thanks for your help

I disagree. I think the 5400 is a very mediocre camera. We have two of
them at work, and they suk compared to the cameras that I have. Of course,
I have dSLRs. I guess the problem is that once you go with a good dSLR,
you'll never go back.

Clyde
Anonymous
March 12, 2005 9:26:07 PM

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 18:26:06 GMT, "Clyde Torres"
<clyde_torres@yahoo.com> wrote:

>"Oliver Costich" <olc-caNOSPAM@cox.net> wrote in message
>> On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 12:44:25 +0100, "JVCarver"
>> <jvilaplanagFUERA@FUERAhotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Hi everybody:
>>>
>>>I've found no model starting at 28mm, why's that?
>>>Is 5400 an obsolete camera?
>>>There's a rebate campaign for this month and looks worthy, what's your
>>>opinion?
>>
>> I bought one for about $240 after the rebate. It's a steal at that
>> price and a very good camera even at the full price.
>>

>>>Thanks for your help
>
>I disagree. I think the 5400 is a very mediocre camera. We have two of
>them at work, and they suk compared to the cameras that I have. Of course,
>I have dSLRs. I guess the problem is that once you go with a good dSLR,
>you'll never go back.
>
>Clyde

The 5400 is a fabulous camera compared to the Fiji throwaways :-)

The 5400 is very good for what it is, as all the review web sites
attest, especially at under $250 with the rebate. Show me anything
else that good for that money.

But it's not up to my D70.
Anonymous
March 12, 2005 11:44:40 PM

>>I disagree. I think the 5400 is a very mediocre camera. We have two of
>>them at work, and they suk compared to the cameras that I have. Of
>>course,
>>I have dSLRs. I guess the problem is that once you go with a good dSLR,
>>you'll never go back.
>>
>>Clyde
>>

> The 5400 is a fabulous camera compared to the Fiji throwaways :-)
>
> The 5400 is very good for what it is, as all the review web sites
> attest, especially at under $250 with the rebate. Show me anything
> else that good for that money.
>
> But it's not up to my D70.

Well, I agree that for $250, it's pretty good. I just get tired of using
the ones at work, because the end results are mediocre compared to my
equipment. I have a D70 and a 20D, and it simply doesn't compare. For
someone who doesn't have the money to spend on good dSLRs, it's okay.

Clyde Torres
!