Sign in with
Your question

Is this a good computer?

Last response: in Systems
July 4, 2011 11:13:08 PM

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

I did some shopping around on new egg and i found this to be the best for under 600$. I was wondering , why is cyberpower a sub-catagory? Are cyberpowers' good computers? Is there another computer for under 600 that would better suit my needs? I intend on using it for gaming. Thanks in advance, all input will be greatly appreciated.

More about : good computer

July 4, 2011 11:16:32 PM

That not a bad system for the money.. Look at the reviews also they look good to me.
m
l
July 4, 2011 11:46:22 PM
Related resources
July 5, 2011 12:28:16 AM

and then windows 7 is gonna cost me 100$, which puts this build at 650$. my budget for now is 600$, but i planned on upgrading later. i kinda just wanted to know if this is a good starting point, you know?
m
l
July 5, 2011 2:20:40 AM

jake_larkee said:
and then windows 7 is gonna cost me 100$, which puts this build at 650$. my budget for now is 600$, but i planned on upgrading later. i kinda just wanted to know if this is a good starting point, you know?

Then take out the 6850 and get a 5770, puts you $10 cheaper than the original but with much higher quality parts and better performance and alot more flexibility.

That cyberpower really isn't great. Cheap PSU, Mobo, RAM and everything else that isn't advertised.
m
l
July 5, 2011 3:02:08 AM

Timop said:
Then take out the 6850 and get a 5770, puts you $10 cheaper than the original but with much higher quality parts and better performance and alot more flexibility.

That cyberpower really isn't great. Cheap PSU, Mobo, RAM and everything else that isn't advertised.

Okay now I'm really considering it, but i think I'm gonna hold off for now and see what other replies i get. Anyway you're saying this build has lots of room for upgrades later?
m
l
July 5, 2011 3:13:26 AM

jake_larkee said:
Okay now I'm really considering it, but i think I'm gonna hold off for now and see what other replies i get. Anyway you're saying this build has lots of room for upgrades later?

Right now mot much but still better than the pre-build.
However, if you are set to upgrade soon, changes can be readily made to accept them.
m
l
July 5, 2011 3:18:15 AM

Timop said:
Right now mot much but still better than the pre-build.
However, if you are set to upgrade soon, changes can be readily made to accept them.

ok so lets say i plan to upgrade in like 2 months after i buy the computer....
m
l
July 5, 2011 3:28:17 AM

AMD has publicly stated it, and no matter what shape it is in, you should see at least something by September.
m
l
July 5, 2011 3:36:55 AM

Timop said:
AMD has publicly stated it, and no matter what shape it is in, you should see at least something by September.

can i get a good link on these zambezi bulldozers, i cant seem to find any good info.
m
l
July 5, 2011 5:57:56 AM

prebuilt computers have a tendnecy to pair powerful cpus with terrible gpus, even when these systems are supposedly for gaimg. they will also have terrible PSUs and locked BIOS that wont let you overclock.
m
l
July 6, 2011 1:36:02 AM

I would say if you wana upgrade it in only about 2 months then just hold off and get something you know that you will really like. I know that 2 months is a long time to wait but when you have the finished product that you are 100% satisfied with it will be worth the wait.
m
l
!