Sign in with
Your question

Motherboard for Intel core i5 2500K

Last response: in Motherboards
June 23, 2012 12:26:09 PM

Hello,
I am making a new gaming rig, but I'm stuck at the motherboard. I need a mobo that is compatible with intel's i5 2500K. The manufacturer doesn't matter.
I don't know anything about chipsets, so some explanation would be welcome :) .

So any help is appreciated and also here are the specs I have so far. ( Not a lot )

CPU : Intel core i5 25OOK, unlocked for OC.

GPU (not sure yet) : Geforce GTX 560 TI/ GTX 570.

PS: What do you think of the specs so far?
June 23, 2012 12:34:11 PM

Really need a budget to make suggestions. However from an educated guess I see you want the 2500K which allows for some good overclocks so I would suggest a Z68 motherboard. I recently built a gaming PC and used that same CPU along with an ASUS P8Z68-V PRO LGA 1155 Intel Z68.
a c 475 V Motherboard
a b å Intel
June 23, 2012 12:39:05 PM

GeneralCooky said:
Hello,
I am making a new gaming rig, but I'm stuck at the motherboard. I need a mobo that is compatible with intel's i5 2500K. The manufacturer doesn't matter.
I don't know anything about chipsets, so some explanation would be welcome :) .

So any help is appreciated and also here are the specs I have so far. ( Not a lot )

CPU : Intel core i5 25OOK, unlocked for OC.

GPU (not sure yet) : Geforce GTX 560 TI/ GTX 570.

PS: What do you think of the specs so far?

there are two main chipset with intel for the home user/gamer using the 11xx chipset. ones that are for peole that want to unlock the k chips (x68 and z77.) And the cheaper chipsets the h and b line. the cheaper line would be someone on a tight build budget and is using a non over clocked chip. if your not going to replace the cpu with ib chip you may find the x68 mb cheaper then the z77, the z77 just has the usb 3.0 port controller built into the chipset. msi/gigbytes/asus/asrock all make good mb.
just look at there features and spec. if your thinking of sli look to see that with two cards installed the mb does 8x and 8x some of them do 16x and 4x.
Related resources
June 23, 2012 12:44:13 PM

mail4youtoo said:
Really need a budget to make suggestions. However from an educated guess I see you want the 2500K which allows for some good overclocks so I would suggest a Z68 motherboard. I recently built a gaming PC and used that same CPU along with an ASUS P8Z68-V PRO LGA 1155 Intel Z68.

Budget for motherboard ranges from 0 - 200 € max , 0 - 251 Dollars, 0 - 161 pounds
June 23, 2012 12:46:20 PM

smorizio said:
there are two main chipset with intel for the home user/gamer using the 11xx chipset. ones that are for peole that want to unlock the k chips (x68 and z77.) And the cheaper chipsets the h and b line. the cheaper line would be someone on a tight build budget and is using a non over clocked chip. if your not going to replace the cpu with ib chip you may find the x68 mb cheaper then the z77, the z77 just has the usb 3.0 port controller built into the chipset. msi/gigbytes/asus/asrock all make good mb.
just look at there features and spec. if your thinking of sli look to see that with two cards installed the mb does 8x and 8x some of them do 16x and 4x.

I'm not thinking of SLI quite yet, I don't understand the post btw, what mobo/chipset you reccomend, again I'm new to mobo's
!