Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

2x HD 6870's or one 6970??

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
April 22, 2011 7:35:42 AM

The two 6870s are faster than the 6970 alone but should I be looking towards adding another 6970? Thanks.

More about : 6870 6970

April 22, 2011 8:37:26 AM

2 6870s are faster but it seems you already have one 6970,so why just not add another 6970 ?
Score
0
April 22, 2011 2:15:41 PM

if you are fine with 1 6970 then imo it's a waste to add a second one...
Score
0
Related resources
April 22, 2011 7:04:20 PM

Maziar said:
2 6870s are faster but it seems you already have one 6970,so why just not add another 6970 ?


I dont have either card and am trying to figure out which to upgrade to. Thanks.
Score
0
April 22, 2011 7:14:04 PM

2 6870's are faster but 1 6970 runs cooler,quieter and has less power consumption;furthermore, it can handle all games with good settings on resolutions like 1080p.
Score
0
April 22, 2011 7:45:06 PM

Depends on you. You could just get two 6870s and be done with it. You can also get one 6970 now, and get another one a little bit latter. If you know that a single card is going to have a bit of trouble at the settings you want to play at then go with the two 6870s. If one 6970 is going to be fine for now then get one 6970 and add a second one latter on.
Score
0
April 22, 2011 11:19:13 PM

megamanx00 said:
Depends on you. You could just get two 6870s and be done with it. You can also get one 6970 now, and get another one a little bit latter. If you know that a single card is going to have a bit of trouble at the settings you want to play at then go with the two 6870s. If one 6970 is going to be fine for now then get one 6970 and add a second one latter on.


I want to play at whatever the maximum settings I can play at (dont even know what those are because I am not sure what is possible). I may need to upgrade my monitor but I am not sure (I am at my office otherwise I would tell you what my monitor is). Feedback is appreciated. Thanks.
Score
0
April 23, 2011 6:35:28 AM

What resolution do you currently play at ?
Score
0
April 23, 2011 7:48:29 AM

Maziar said:
What resolution do you currently play at ?


1920x1080
Score
0

Best solution

April 23, 2011 10:34:07 AM

I'd recommend getting 1 6970 then.It can handle all games fine for now, and if you needed more power,you can add another one later
Share
April 23, 2011 11:59:56 PM

Best answer selected by sneuhardt40.
Score
0
April 24, 2011 12:01:27 AM

Maziar said:
I'd recommend getting 1 6970 then.It can handle all games fine for now, and if you needed more power,you can add another one later


Thanks I appreciate it.
Score
0
April 24, 2011 9:31:17 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
0
!