Hard drive issues driving me nuts

Taxxem

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2011
A little backstory...

I built a new computer a few years back using a Western Digital Caviar Black SATA HD. The system worked fine for the first year (minus losing a video card within 6 months). After the first year or 1 1/2 years my system crashed. When it rebooted the bios was unable to find a Hard Drive. I thought at first my HD was done but after restarting it a few times it started right up. I ran chkdisk and fixed any issues present. Then a few days later it crashed again. Same issue, my bios wouldnt find the HD and asked me to boot from CD. After numerous restarts and waiting it finally decided to start up. I decided to do a clean sweap of my computer and it fixed the issue for the better part of 6 months till it started all over again. This time I replaced my HD only to find the replacement crashed within the first day. Then after it left me alone for about 5 months or so and now it is crashing again all over. I don't think this is a HD problem and am trying to look elsewhere for this fix. Any ideas?