Install asus p8z77-v motherboard wifi wireless module

Hello, just installed ASUS motherboard p8z77-v. Everything is running fine until I installed the wireless module on the motherboard (wifi go! Card) my power button is instantly 'dead' nothing happens until I remove the module from the mother board then I can switch on my computer again. Help is appreciated. I updated until the latest bios etc.
4 answers Last reply
More about install asus p8z77 motherboard wifi wireless module
  1. Hello,

Get a hold of ASUS if your wifi module is causing your computer to not boot. Can probably get an RMA for it.

- Are you sure you plugged it in properly?

- Is it flush with the slot (not at an angle)?
  2. Chainzsaw said:
    Hello,

Get a hold of ASUS if your wifi module is causing your computer to not boot. Can probably get an RMA for it.

- Are you sure you plugged it in properly?

- Is it flush with the slot (not at an angle)?

Yes I plugged it in properly. Tried it several times. Nothing happens until I remove it again
  3. I got a new motherboard. I installed the WIFI Go card and now my computer will switch on but I cannot install the WIFI Go software from the DVD or from the one I downloaded from the ASUS website.
  4. Do you receive an error message when trying to install it? If so what is it?

What OS are you trying to install it on? Windows 7 32/64bit?

What does it show as in your device manager? Is there a yellow exclamation there? If so what does it say?
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus Wireless Motherboards