Best nvidia graphics card without power connector and more than 450 watt smps

Please suggest me the best nvidia geforce graphics card without power connector and able to run under 450 watt smps.
11 answers Last reply
More about best nvidia graphics card power connector watt smps
  1. I think the best would be a Nvidia 440 GT. It recommends a PSU of only 300W and uses no power connector. However, a 240 GT looks to have the same performance and requirements.... I would get whatever is cheaper.

However, If you want to play games I would look for something with a power cable. Graphics power increases a lot for cards that require power connections.
  2. ChiefTexas_82 said:
    I think the best would be a Nvidia 440 GT. It recommends a PSU of only 300W and uses no power connector. However, a 240 GT looks to have the same performance and requirements.... I would get whatever is cheaper.

However, If you want to play games I would look for something with a power cable. Graphics power increases a lot for cards that require power connections.

Thanx. But I am planning to buy nvidia xfx 9500gt. I am using a 450 watt smps, gigabyte g41 chipset with 2gb ddr2 800 ram and pentium dualcore 5400 (overclocked to 3.1ghz). Now, suggest me... Plzzzzzzz
  3. For raw performance the best that you can get is a low power green edition 9800gt but those are getting to be very rare. When overclocked shader wise they have a lot more power than even a gt240 which is slightly give or take in the same range as the GT440.

GT240/440 or if very lucky a 9800gt green edition (green edition cards do not require a 6pin connector to run and uses the same power as the other cards.
  4. ChiefTexas_82 said:

Yes, there are more complicated things in life but this is not one of them. It is basically plug and play, no cables unless you count the monitor cable.
  5. nforce4max said:
    For raw performance the best that you can get is a low power green edition 9800gt but those are getting to be very rare. When overclocked shader wise they have a lot more power than even a gt240 which is slightly give or take in the same range as the GT440.

GT240/440 or if very lucky a 9800gt green edition (green edition cards do not require a 6pin connector to run and uses the same power as the other cards.

thanx... It will be better if u tell me which one will cost less. I am also concern over my budget( <$80).
  6. akash911 said:
    thanx... It will be better if u tell me which one will cost less. I am also concern over my budget( <$80).

You can rule the 9800gt out unless you got an eBay account. so that means GT240 typically.
  7. Why not go for a HD 5670?It will cost around 4000-5000 rupees and is much better than a GT 240.
  8. Tamz_msc said:
    Why not go for a HD 5670?It will cost around 4000-5000 rupees and is much better than a GT 240.

Thanx.
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Graphics Cards Power Graphics Product