What is normal temp range for i52500k?

-Sylvan

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
I have a Noctua d14 cooling it, idles around 40 degrees and stays around 60 while playing Battlefield 3 beta graphics maxed.

Curious, is this normal?

What is the max temp?

Thanks

Solution

air cooling needs good airflow so i can see why that you have got bad temps.
It should at least be a little lower when playing games.
Maybe you can buy another fan to push or pull the hot air to out the back of the case.

ghnader hsmithot

Distinguished
depends on ambient temps.If you naturally live in a hot country that has hot ambient temps you would get 37c.I get it with my Zalman cooled pc.

How many fans are you using on the Noctua and if that is stock clocks it looks a bit hot.

I have a Thermalright Silverarrow and games would have temps of around 54c with i7 2600k.

-Sylvan

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011

Australia, but it's spring here and not really hot.

2 fans on the noctua, but my case is like 7 years old and is pretty bad with airflow.

ghnader hsmithot

Distinguished

air cooling needs good airflow so i can see why that you have got bad temps.
It should at least be a little lower when playing games.
Maybe you can buy another fan to push or pull the hot air to out the back of the case.

Solution

-Sylvan

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
arhgg... that is annoying.

I put a dot in the center the size of a pea, it was my first time building a computer.
I am hoping that I don't have to mess around with the cooler and thermal paste again...

ghnader hsmithot

Distinguished

practice makes perfect.
We all dont get it right the first time.

Wampbit

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2011
You have no problem at all if the temp is below 70. Furthermore I'd only really start to worry if it gets above 75-80, although lower temps are nice from a lifespan point of view, 60 is nothing to get worked up about.

-Sylvan

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
Okay thanks guys.

I won't worry about it, the new case should bring the temp down a little bit.

It only hits 60 once and a while, usually stays around 55-58.

If it goes over 65 when I overclock with the new case I'll reapply the thermal paste.