HP 720c connecting to Mac OS X

1 answer Last reply
More about 720c connecting

    Cyclops <david.hagar@gmail.com> wrote:

    > I have an HP Deskjet 720c with a USB adapter, I want to use it with a
    > Mac iBook running OS X. I know that there are no mac drivers for it,
    > but is there a way to do it anyway and make it list like any other
    > printer in OS X or by doing a linux solution (which is well documented
    > in many ways) will the owner of the laptop have to do console commands
    > to make it show up?

    You'd be a lot better off posting this in one of the many Mac specific
    group, particularly comp.sys.mac or uk.comp.sys.mac.

    But as we're here now, the news is good - OS X has CUPS built in, which
    means you can install Ghostprint and PNM2PPA to utilise weird
    Windows-only printers. You can find both at:

    http://www.linuxprinting.org/macosx/pnm2ppa/

    Among the supported printers (link is most of the way down the page) is
    the 720c.

    Hope this helps.

    mark

Hewlett Packard PGP Laptops