HP 720c connecting to Mac OS X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclops <david.hagar@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have an HP Deskjet 720c with a USB adapter, I want to use it with a
> Mac iBook running OS X. I know that there are no mac drivers for it,
> but is there a way to do it anyway and make it list like any other
> printer in OS X or by doing a linux solution (which is well documented
> in many ways) will the owner of the laptop have to do console commands
> to make it show up?

You'd be a lot better off posting this in one of the many Mac specific
group, particularly comp.sys.mac or uk.comp.sys.mac.

But as we're here now, the news is good - OS X has CUPS built in, which
means you can install Ghostprint and PNM2PPA to utilise weird
Windows-only printers. You can find both at:

http://www.linuxprinting.org/macosx/pnm2ppa/

Among the supported printers (link is most of the way down the page) is
the 720c.

Hope this helps.

mark