Hi, one of my friends built this pc and has asked if I want to buy it off him for 400 notes cos he's getting a different one now.
My question is - as a gaming machine - is it worth it?
CPU : AMD Phenom II x4 965 BE
Motherboard : M4A87TD EVO
Memory : 2 x 4GB Kingston HyperX 1600
Video Card : ASUS HD 6950 DCUII 1GB
HDD : 1TB WD Caviar Green 64MB
OPTICAL : Samsung SH-S222 22x DVDRW
POWER : Xigmatek NRP-PC702 700w
CASE : Cooler Master - Dominator 690
A few more questions if you don't mind:
1. How well do you think this might run?
2. Do you forsee any bottlenecking issues?
3. Is there something better I can spend my money on? (PC wise )
4. Lastly - and this is a big ask - how long do you think I could go with this build before gaming software makes it obsolete?
1. It will run any quite well actually.
2. The slowest part is the hdd. It will just make loading times a little slow.
3. You said $400? That is a really good deal.
4. Games? Not until another console comes out will they start pushing for more demanding games (aside from a few)