ASUS X53U Laptop can't dual boot! Help!

tobywins

Honorable
Jun 23, 2012
I have a ASUS X53U laptop, and I want to dual boot Win 7 Home Premuim (Preinstalled) with Win 7 Ultimate, but when I made a new boot sequence to boot from USB, it messed up the laptop, requiring a motherboard replacement. Also the Boot from DVD didn't work, any suggestions? Thanks

tobywins

Honorable
Jun 23, 2012
Well after I made a new boot sequence it just hung on the ASUS Logo, (boot screen), so then I found something on the internet that said I should remove all the static electricity or something like that, thereforr would reset the BIOS (I removed all power sources and held power button for 1 min). After that I got nothing. A blank screen and no indicators apart from a Lightbulb which I think means the laptop is on. Even a external monitor would not work. A few days after I rang ASUS Support and they took it in for repair (Under warranty, free) and replace the 'main bd', the motherboard.

Also iv'e noticed that in - Computer > Properties it now says its got an APU, did they replace the processor aswell? I haven't tried it since as I don't want to risk it.

Also wondering how to get rid of this startup sound (part of FancyStart) which says its already disabled.

Thanks. :)