Dell Power Supply

I own an inspioron 4150. Recently the connector from the power supply
that goes into the computer has weakened and broken off. I tried
resoldering it, but there is not enough wire to work with. I have been
searching the internet for a replacement power supply, and have not
been successful in finding one in any electronics store that has come
to mind. Can anyone reccomend how I should go about finding a new power
supply?
5 answers Last reply
More about dell power supply

    http://www.pacificbattery.com/dell_pa-9_adapter.html

    "Jerry Park" <NoReply@No.Spam> wrote in message
    > birdman wrote:
    >
    >>I own an inspioron 4150. Recently the connector from the power supply
    >>that goes into the computer has weakened and broken off. I tried
    >>resoldering it, but there is not enough wire to work with. I have been
    >>searching the internet for a replacement power supply, and have not
    >>been successful in finding one in any electronics store that has come
    >>to mind. Can anyone reccomend how I should go about finding a new power
    >>supply?
    >>

    > http://www.pacificbattery.com/dell_pa-9_adapter.html

    I just placed an order through Dell for the very part you're looking for
    (Spare Parts Sales 1-800-372-3355). I was bummed because it runs $80. The
    pacificbattery site looks like a great deal, at half the price. However, I
    wonder if that's really what we need because I was told (by tech support) I
    needed the following part info:

    Part Number: 9364U
    Part Description: AC Adapter, 70Watt
    System Type: Inspiron 4150
    System Service Tag: 2DHF221

    Note that the wattage stated is 70 watts. The one on the site says it's 90
    watts.

    Regardless, I'm hoping the adapter will solve my problem. I sure hate the
    thought of it being the motherboard. I don't want to have to bury my $1,800
    laptop after only 2-1/2 years of service.

    Karen C.

    A 90 watt supply is superior to a 70 watt supply and can ALWAYS be
    substituted, providing that other critical parameters (voltage,
    polarity, connector) are the same.

    >A 90 watt supply is superior to a 70 watt supply and can ALWAYS be
    >substituted, providing that other critical parameters (voltage, polarity,
    >connector) are the same.

    Barry: Thanks for posting this. I didn't have a clue that that could be
    the case. In that event, the link that was posted is half the price of the
    Dell power supply *and* with the higher wattage.

    Thanks!

    Karen C. wrote:

    > "Jerry Park" <NoReply@No.Spam> wrote in message
    >
    >>birdman wrote:
    >>

    >>>I own an inspioron 4150. Recently the connector from the power supply
    >>>that goes into the computer has weakened and broken off. I tried
    >>>resoldering it, but there is not enough wire to work with. I have been
    >>>searching the internet for a replacement power supply, and have not
    >>>been successful in finding one in any electronics store that has come
    >>>to mind. Can anyone reccomend how I should go about finding a new power
    >>>supply?
    >>>

    >>http://www.pacificbattery.com/dell_pa-9_adapter.html
    >

    > I just placed an order through Dell for the very part you're looking for
    > (Spare Parts Sales 1-800-372-3355). I was bummed because it runs $80. The
    > pacificbattery site looks like a great deal, at half the price. However, I
    > wonder if that's really what we need because I was told (by tech support) I
    > needed the following part info:
    >
    > Part Number: 9364U
    > Part Description: AC Adapter, 70Watt
    > System Type: Inspiron 4150
    > System Service Tag: 2DHF221
    >
    > Note that the wattage stated is 70 watts. The one on the site says it's 90
    > watts.
    >
    > Regardless, I'm hoping the adapter will solve my problem. I sure hate the
    > thought of it being the motherboard. I don't want to have to bury my $1,800
    > laptop after only 2-1/2 years of service.
    >
    > Karen C.

Power Supplies Dell Laptops Product