fatjoebro

Distinguished
May 18, 2010
so ive got a
ASUS P7P55D-E Pro LGA 1156 Intel P55 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
thats what newegg says anyway on order history haha and im using the stock fan...
using this processor
Intel Core i5-750 Lynnfield 2.66GHz LGA 1156 95W Quad-Core Processor BX80605I5750
playing the bf3 beta on auto most settings are on high using a radeon hd 5870.Nothing is overclocked and
my cpu is running at 60-70C im pretty sure thats no bueno! so the reason for the entire post is..
What aftermarket cooler should i get for my cpu and will fit onto the mobo all 4 ram slots are filled.
Id appreciate any help at all =) thanks in advance. I Apologize if i posted this in the wrong area.

boldor

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2009
Your CPU usually does great under 70c. Above that its getting abit risky but it aint gonna go boom. It also differs from CPU to CPU and from brand to brand alot.

Personally i would not buy an aftermarket cooler if your temps doesnt often exceed 72c. Although purchasing one of those i listed above would probably bring it down to under 50c in games. Its up to you, my friend.

PS: I would strongly advise you to ignore the post above. You are not in need of watercooling if your not planning to overclock your system highly.
@corroded: try to fit in fatjoebro's situation instead of bragging about your completely irrelevant oc temps.

fatjoebro

Distinguished
May 18, 2010
ill never overclock ro buy watercooling due to the riskiness of it haha thank you guys. i think im still going to monitor my temps and if they indeed do exceed 70 consistently im going to purchase the cooler master 212 that is a good one right? easy to install?
i appreciate the help.