990fxa-ud3 usb 3.0 issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdmspec55

Honorable
Jun 24, 2012
Hey all. I have a 990fxa-ud3 motherboard and am having some weird problems out of my usb 3.0 slots. If i plug up a USB 3.0 device it does not recognize it. If I put a usb 2.0 device in the 3.0 slot it works fine. Then I take that 3.0 device that did not work in the 3.0 slot and put it in a 2.0 slot and the device works fine. I almost want to say that it is a driver issue, but I have the usb drivers from etron .112(latest), upgraded the chipset drivers to latest from ati, and also updated the bios of the board to the latest from gigabyte. I have also double checked and triple checked that the bios has the usb 3.0 set to enable. Any other ideas from anyone? Getting a little frustrated GRR, lol.

jdmspec55

Honorable
Jun 24, 2012
k dumb question, i downloaded all 3 marvell drivers from gigabytes site, note they are all probably not even the latest drivers, I installed the ahci/raid driver with an exe that was in the folder it extracted, note - nothing changed in my device manager.

The other two files I have not clue how to install they don't have an excutable?? any ideas?
The drivers are listed http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3894#dl.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

jdmspec55

Honorable
Jun 24, 2012
Another note and question perhaps, I have my bios setup to run IDE and not ACHI, would this cause problems with the USB 3.0? And is it okay to change it to ACHI from IDE, would it cause any drive problems?

jdmspec55

Honorable
Jun 24, 2012
got it swapped over to achi. marvell drivers are only for the esata connections on the back, found after doing some research. USB 3.0 still not working, but still works under 2.0 devices lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.