PICKING A CASE- NEED URGENT HELP

ImTheHH

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2011
Hey guys so ive got a pretty important question!

Which case??

BiteFenix Collosus

NZXT H2

Corsair 600t

Corsair 650d

CM 690 II

Silencio

Silverstone Raven rv03

Antec p193

Enermax Volcanus

Or any of your suggestions

This case will have a sabertooth 990fx, phenom ii x6, 2 asus 6950 so help me out toms forum

boldor

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2009
Out of those, i definetely see two top contenders as the Corsair 650d and the
BiteFenix Collosus. They are both very well made, spacious and quite well designed.

But in the end, As far as your case is of these one of these brands, its just a matter of more money - better case:
Antec
BitFenix
Corsair
Cooler Master
Fractal Deisgn
Lian Li
Silverstone

evilgummybear

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2011
silverstone is quite nice and cheap, but i dont like it how you have to screw the HDD on the back.

You never considered thermaltake mk1 or the coolermaster haxf?
Lian Li has some really nice cases but they are so expensive

ltrazaklt

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2010
2x 6950 ..your gonna want some 'breathing room' ..also things to consider , the WIDTH of case ..some HSF will these days with just barely fit , and actually wont fit in some case due to hi rise HS .. some other thing to consider ..is PSU design for Top or Bottom or mount ..does it have fan options on very bottom (flat) to push up , and how is the exhaust on top and back, does it have options for adding add'l fans ..that being said , I absolutely LUV my Lian Li , worth every penny imho, but I build and tinker a lot , if your just gonna build and close it out , and not upgrade or do anything for a while , might not be worth to you..but having worked with numerous other cases , I simply LUV the Lian Li, it is a pleasure to build with, mine is an older full tower 6 bay so it's bigger and has plenty of room, but everything fits nicely with it..not that some other cases arent quite nice as well ..

evilgummybear

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2011
Better off getting a full tower in my opintion.
Think about it, mid tower range from 80-150ish. Full tower 140-400ish
But, since the case design is soo damn good, it will pretty much last a life time.

Full tower = more space & better for air flow.
Chances are most likely the case will last you 10-20yrs.

ImTheHH

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2011
OK thanks for all the responses... i think ive brought it down to a few

Coolermaster haf X

silverstobne tj11b

Silverstone rv03

corsair 600t

corsair 650d

i no its still not a very short list but its getting there

Uther39

Distinguished
Another Silverstone case to seriously consider if you can afford it is the FT02, the best air cooled case around, heres mine.

IMAG0094.jpg

ImTheHH

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2011
DAMN! because of the arangment in my room... the main side with windows and motherboard part will have to be on the left.... that case is not going to work

ImTheHH

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2011
So after some research on linus tech tips ive cut the list down again!

Cooler Master Haf X

Silverstone Raven RV03

Corsair 650d

Corsair 600t

and lastly BitFenix Collosus

Uther39

Distinguished
OK well my opinion is, ive had the HAF X, which is a truly good case, but a bit to much plastic for my liking, looks wise,

RV03, again looks wise too much plastic but ive heard and read some great things about it.

The Corsair Cases do look good but i did here somebody mention that they have problems with cable routing options ??

nanospy

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2011
In the same boat mate :/

Im personally stuck between the rv02 and the 650d. Though i cant find the 650d anyware in singapore :p

Uther39

Distinguished
Sorry buddy, i know nothing about that case.

I tell you another really great air cooled case i owned before my FT02 was the Antec 1200v3, its massive and brilliant cooling.

Heres the pics of my old 1200

IMAG0013.jpg

IMAG0050.jpg

boldor

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2009
Based on your current options:
BitFenix Colossus > Corsair 650d

Although I do recommend you to take a look at the Antec 1200. I myself own such a case right now and I'm totally satisfied.

Colossus:
+ Much room for components
+ Great design
- The quality of some things aint 100%

650D:
+ Somewhat room for components
+ Good quality, well made
- The look of it is abit outdated in my opinion

1200:
+ Much room for components
+ Good quality, well made
+ VERY good cooling and options for even more fans
+ Quite stylish
- Little shielding for front-panel cables (minor)
- Not that much room for cables behind the backplate (minor)

PS: The Antec has a little brother, the 900. It offers the same but with a little less room for less $$. Perfect if you dont want to have a meter of aluminium beside you :)